58 pattern webbing

shatters

• 7 months later...
There is a very close variant of these twin mag pouches. They are IDENTICAL in construction but a lighter shade of green webbing material. These are from the '44 pattern web sets & were made for the Stengun. They look ENTIRELY the same, except for the colour. The down side of this is, they ALSO are very scarce! I do not even have an example in my own collection! :embarrassed:

Apologies for necroposting, but I think I may have just acquired one of these: it's marked 'MECo 1964' and 'CN 1459' and as described it's more of a 1944 Pattern green colour than darker 1958 Pattern olive green. According to the forthcoming 1958 Pattern section of Karkeeweb, it's a "Pouch, magazine, S.M.G., Mk. 2." and was made for the Sten rather than the Sterling.

http://www.leemetford.com/patterns/1958/components/component_np_official.html

I am however a bit puzzled: why would they have been making Sten pouches in 1964? Or is this merely a quirk of the paperwork and post-1953 they were for Sterlings?

I don't have any pics yet as I'm in the middle of cleaning it.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Enfield1940