CVR(W) Fox workshop parts.

robin craig

Here are some bits and pieces I have made while working on the Fox fan assembly. It came out and went in a few times and on the first removal I quickly figured out an alignment tool was a designed to assist in mating the the fan assebly onto the tombstone by locating into the snout of the crank and through the centre of the bottom pulley.

As I dont do CAD drawings prefering a pencil and ruler as being faster the drawing is a photo of my sketch.

The second picture shows the "hand" that I made to fit over the sides of the volute to aid in putting it in. It is seen here attached to a ratchet strap but we now use a two legged lifting chain which is stronger and safer. The tool is show on the edge, both items have now been painted yellow as is my preference for any workshop tooling.

The last picture is a detail shot of the "hand" showing how I welded a piece of solid square bar stock slightly off set to the angle. The inside of the angle has had a thin covering of rubber glued to it now.

R

various MV 024.jpg

various MV 058.jpg

various MV 057.jpg