Noisy Chieftains

afvnut75

I've seen the dinscott one a few times as I bought a saracen from there recently.

There are cosmetics to tidy, including tinwork here and there, but Dave has got the kit to do it and its a negotiation point if you don't have the time. However, its pretty complete, lots of interior goodies, and an awesome sight. If I were braver and had more cash I'd buy it.

Worth a look and a trip to Cornwall for.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for that ! Well misses is briefed about my potential 56 ton beast and her response was youd better let me have a go in her ! Ahhh thats the spirit i thought ! well next week its map in one had and surfboard in the other and looks like im off to the west country to look at the wee beastie if all goes well inspecting and test run i shall be scratching my head about getting it home ie haulage costs and movement orders (gulp)

Thanks for that ! Well misses is briefed about my potential 56 ton beast and her response was youd better let me have a go in her ! Ahhh thats the spirit i thought ! well next week its map in one had and surfboard in the other and looks like im off to the west country to look at the wee beastie if all goes well inspecting and test run i shall be scratching my head about getting it home ie haulage costs and movement orders (gulp)

No worries, good luck!! and if you get lost in Devon then give me a call (pm for number) and I'll rescue you from the locals (they're dangerous when they smell out a new gene pool and you're of breeding age too)

Cheers

Paul

No worries, good luck!! and if you get lost in Devon then give me a call (pm for number) and I'll rescue you from the locals (they're dangerous when they smell out a new gene pool and you're of breeding age too)

Cheers

Paul

lol lol Well what can i say to that but Thank You ! i hadnt realised cornish people had that in mind they seemed to be a little different in personality when i was involved in the flash flooding of boscastle in 2004 and saw my van that was parked in the car park float past . But shouldnt have any problems this time Just need to remember me chieftain driving lessons that i recieved in the wilds of northants Will let you know how it goes !

regards

A couple of summers ago I spent some time chatting to Dave and he seemed like a nice guy and he has run Chieftains for a few years so should know the ins and outs.

i like them but unusually for this thread I think they sound like theyre being strangled ! Good luck all the same - these fantastic beasts deserve to be saved...

A couple of summers ago I spent some time chatting to Dave and he seemed like a nice guy and he has run Chieftains for a few years so should know the ins and outs.

i like them but unusually for this thread I think they sound like theyre being strangled ! Good luck all the same - these fantastic beasts deserve to be saved...

Well if all goes to plan and dave lets me have her then then shes going to get the royal treatment from me as this is going to be my very first mbt to deal with im not expecting maintainance to be easy as its somewhat more labour intensive than a fv432 which is a vehicle im more than ofay with now but the way i look at it is that you got to cut your teeth on something someday in my case cutting ones teeth on 56 tons of british bulldog machinery.

But to be honest im looking forward to a new episode of mechanised antics keeps you mentaly and pyshicaly healthy :nut:

• 3 weeks later...

we was told the L60 pack was 35% under powered, so had to motor at higher revs just to achieve a decent momentum ! as the original spec design was originally for Rolls engines. So perhaps this may be a factor ? I think we always felt we could slug it out, so the high noise and blue smoke became an acceptable feature that they always knew when we were coming so we didnt worry ! (we never got lost anyway ! :D the blue plumes made sure of that)