Woodvale 2010

Brooky

Yes - will be there. Morris and Tilly! Are you doing the commentary again this year Chris? Forecast is looking better particularly for Sunday. Have always enjoyed Woodvale. West Lancs MVT have worked really hard to beat last years excellent turnout of military vehicles.

Yes - will be there. Morris and Tilly! Are you doing the commentary again this year Chris? Forecast is looking better particularly for Sunday. Have always enjoyed Woodvale. West Lancs MVT have worked really hard to beat last years excellent turnout of military vehicles.

Look forward to seeing you Martin, I think my old CS8 is going as well

Agreed with the work the west Lancs have put in, I do hope they manage to top last years entry, I know there were issues in previous years but I thought the arrangements last year were very good

Hope to see a lot of people there

And yes they are letting me loose with the microphone again, you poor unsuspecting people :cool2::cool2:

Good show the road trip around Southport was fun having not been to Southport in years. The missus ended up being tail end charlie at the end of the convoy in the RB44. The only thing that irked me was that I forgot my camera! Has anyone got a pictures that they would like to share?

The trips up and down the runway were great as well if the environmental lot had seen it they would have been going apoplectic with all the fumes.:D The model aeroplanes put up a damn good show on both days. Its a pity that the SR71? made unplanned impact on the runway after the paying punters had gone home.

Good show the road trip around Southport was fun having not been to Southport in years. The missus ended up being tail end charlie at the end of the convoy in the RB44. The only thing that irked me was that I forgot my camera! Has anyone got a pictures that they would like to share?

The trips up and down the runway were great as well if the environmental lot had seen it they would have been going apoplectic with all the fumes.:D The model aeroplanes put up a damn good show on both days. Its a pity that the SR71? made unplanned impact on the runway after the paying punters had gone home.

Agreed a good do................sorry didnt get to meet you face to face but was a bit busy!!

Will post some piccies later this evening

Excellent weekend. Good weather, relaxed atmosphere and good crowd on both days. The West Lancs MVT deserve a pat on the back for all their hard work and organisation. Vehicle numbers were up again this year (80 plus?) with a good range of interesting stuff. Great to see Glynn Beresford winning the best British WW2 softskin with his Morris CS8.

The road run into Southport on the coast road was invigorating ( well done Mark L.!!) The spin round the runway was a bonus although the Tilly had lost most of her oil by the end. I assume the commentary was excellent Chris - I can't hear anything when driving the Morris!! I did hear the RC airplane commentator describe you as a "lovely man"!

(Apologies again for my choice language in your presence when referring to a colleague! - you know who I mean)

Look forward to seeing any photos of the event. Roll on Woodvale 2011

Excellent weekend. Good weather, relaxed atmosphere and good crowd on both days. The West Lancs MVT deserve a pat on the back for all their hard work and organisation. Vehicle numbers were up again this year (80 plus?) with a good range of interesting stuff. Great to see Glynn Beresford winning the best British WW2 softskin with his Morris CS8.

The road run into Southport on the coast road was invigorating ( well done Mark L.!!) The spin round the runway was a bonus although the Tilly had lost most of her oil by the end. I assume the commentary was excellent Chris - I can't hear anything when driving the Morris!! I did hear the RC airplane commentator describe you as a "lovely man"!

(Apologies again for my choice language in your presence when referring to a colleague! - you know who I mean)

Yes..................being described as a lovely man was a bit of a worry

And seconded about the CS8, never won anything when I owned it though :-(

Excellent weekend. Good weather, relaxed atmosphere and good crowd on both days. The West Lancs MVT deserve a pat on the back for all their hard work and organisation.

I agree the West Lancs MVT did a great job the weather was a bonus... burnt to hell with white discs where the sunglasses have been but still a good do!

Hi Martin, Glad to hear most people seemed to enjoy the Roadrun, i was a bit worried about it on the lead up as i knew i only had Keith available as Convoy control as not many motorcycles turned up and i wasn't sure how many vehicles would line up, in the end it turns out that there was 21 and Keith did an outstanding job of keeping the convoy together, well done Martin on your award. Also glad to come 2nd place to Glynn's CS8 - very nice set up he had!.

Edited by WILLYSMB-U.S.N
wrong spelling