s3 ffr 24v bulbs

There standard bulbs, just a bit more awkward to find. Try a local truck place.

Defo go to a truck factor. The headlights will be Halogen so the truck H4 bulbs are a direct switch over. That's where I got mine from always.

Regards

where do u reccommend for the plugs, and rotor arms etc

Dies it still have the distributor with shielded cables?

Have seen some where these have been swapped out.

Fan belts are useful, there will be 3 if still original (or least mine does)

If you have tubed tyres a spare inner tube or 2 is handy. Many places do not seem to be able to get these and if they can you need to wait a day or so.

OK if at home but not good if unlucky to have a puncture (or two) whilst away.

Don't forget oil lots (of it) they do like to mark their territory.

Mike

Don't put the poor blokes off... quite yet! :cool2: Take a long bar with you, the wheel nuts can be tight. Make sure both tanks are whole, and the switch tap works.

Not trying to put him off anyway hasn't he already bought it and just needs to collect it.

JUst listing the bits I keep meaning to get for mine.

Inner tupes were an issue when I was getting quotes for new tyres, most places said I would have to get them myself as they cannot get them. The place I got tthem in the end said they are getting harder to source, luckily I was able to allow them a few days to get them in.

The old ones were all in good order so I kept them for backup, 2 in truck on 3 in garage.

Would recommend a S3 109 FFR to anybody it is great fun, but not really any good if you don't know what a spanner is, like most older vehicles part of the fun is being able to work on them and the only thing you need a computer for is sourcing parts and visiting this forum.

Mike

PS mine did about 55 miles Sunday and used about half a gallon of fuel.

Not trying to put him off anyway hasn't he already bought it and just needs to collect it.

JUst listing the bits I keep meaning to get for mine.

Inner tupes were an issue when I was getting quotes for new tyres, most places said I would have to get them myself as they cannot get them. The place I got tthem in the end said they are getting harder to source, luckily I was able to allow them a few days to get them in.

The old ones were all in good order so I kept them for backup, 2 in truck on 3 in garage.

Would recommend a S3 109 FFR to anybody it is great fun, but not really any good if you don't know what a spanner is, like most older vehicles part of the fun is being able to work on them and the only thing you need a computer for is sourcing parts and visiting this forum.

Mike

PS mine did about 55 miles Sunday and used about half a gallon of fuel.

That must have been 5 miles under it's own power and 50 miles on tow.:rofl:

Ah the good old FFR. I owned an FFR Lightweight, it was my first MV. The things I found needed constant attention are the; Plugs, Points, Condenser, HT leads, shunt box. My wiring loom shorted out and caught fire by the rear shunt box which resulted in me having to rewire the whole back end as no vehicle electrician would touch it.

The plugs are mega expensive as they are the shielded type. Good luck with your new purchase:-D

Ah the good old FFR. I owned an FFR Lightweight, it was my first MV. The things I found needed constant attention are the; Plugs, Points, Condenser, HT leads, shunt box. My wiring loom shorted out and caught fire by the rear shunt box which resulted in me having to rewire the whole back end as no vehicle electrician would touch it.

The plugs are mega expensive as they are the shielded type. Good luck with your new purchase:-D

Not strictly cosha and genuine, but you can remove the HT leads and replace with normal HT leads, albeit with the ends cropped so the lead fits into orifice in dizzy cap and then you can run normal LR plugs to suit 2 1/4 engine. After all ignition side of engine is 12V when running!

I owned a S3 FFR 109 and had problems with screened plugs that became expensive. Fitted the above and didn't have the same issues.

I managed to buy brand new points from The Landrover Orphanage, as they has quite a good spares list for 24v Series LR's. LR Series is my other favorite shop. Craddocks and Blanchards also cover the 24v FFR's.

That must have been 5 miles under it's own power and 50 miles on tow.:rofl:

Not quite right.

It was almost 5 miles under its own power, or should I say lwhat was left of it. Then the rest on the back of a truck.

I knew having the wife pay for breakdown cover was a good idea.

Mike

Not quite right.

It was almost 5 miles under its own power, or should I say lwhat was left of it. Then the rest on the back of a truck.

I knew having the wife pay for breakdown cover was a good idea.

Mike

Not a bad guess though:D