Weymouth Road Works

First of all, JACK - as you are a Dorset lad, please feel free to Edit/Correct/Add to this thread.

I have heard about some Road Works in Weymouth that may affect anybody going to the Weymouth Veterans Parade this weekend. It seems to centre on the Round-About outside ASDA.

I contacted Poppy Butcher, and she had the following to say about the problem :-

There are as you have heard roadworks going on in Weymouth. Dorchester Road is always busy but shouldn't cause any real problems. The only road closure is going down Boot Hill, (that is the the hill by ASDA going to Portland) but you can travel up. Traffic from Portland and Wyke into town is being diverted through Lanehouse, but diversion directions are very clear but hold-ups are inevitable. This has only come into force Monday June 7th so I'm not sure how it will work out.

Hi Rob - born and bred Hampshire man but like to help the folks of Dorset out :D

I would of thought that they have it covered pretty well. I had breakfast the other day with someone from the 'community' that puts the weekend together and said around 1 million is put into the local economy over the weekend. So they should have it well and truly covered.

Interesting my 'bigger' picture for A&E was to take the tanks from Dorchester to Weymouth but was told I couldn't because they have something like 112 different road schemes going on for preparation for the Olympics.