Paint

Chappers

I've spent the last 8 months or so rebuilding my cckw 353, painting every piece, the problem I've had is waiting for the paint to dry sometimes as much as 3 days in the cold weather . So I started looking on the net for a paint quick drying additive and found "Terebine". If you add a small amount to the (synthetic) paint it speeds up the drying time and makes the paint go harder.

So I started looking on the net for a paint quick drying additive and found "Terebine". If you add a small amount to the (synthetic) paint it speeds up the drying time and makes the paint go harder.

That's interesting, have you found that the accelerator alters the shade of the paint ?

Pete

That's interesting, have you found that the accelerator alters the shade of the paint ?

Pete

Hi Pete, I've sprayed with the addative and without and it's made no difference in shade or finish of synthetic based paint. You only need to add a small amount to a litre of mixed paint (thinned for spraying) to make it dry quick. I got my Terebine from a local Building suppies.

Regards

Steve