had a funny noise and it stopped

Had a good weekend in Abbergaveny last weekend but on way back wot we all dont want to hear that funny noise of somethink not quite were it should be and then she stops very suddenly

about an hour later my mate turned up with the recovery

started to strip it the next day and oops mad a mess

took out two valves and the piston

well a few days on and just fitted 6 new pistons

should be all sorted this week with abit of luck

Picture 116.jpg

Picture 118.jpg

Picture 117.jpg

Picture 121.jpg

Picture 119.jpg

Picture 115.jpg

Happy ending???:nut: The blooming thing was towed home and the engine is scattered round the workshop:blush: I'd hate to see a sad ending:embarrassed:.....:D

Sorry Rob , even engine horror stories have a happy ending when you fix em up nice again ! :drive::drive::drive::drive:

see you had time to paint the back of the engine bay as well! What caused it to go bang? I notice you have to jack up the chassis, presumably to get the sump off clear of the front axle, not a problem I reckon I'd have with mine as it's only 6x4?

Nice to see it's going back together :)

see you had time to paint the back of the engine bay as well! What caused it to go bang? I notice you have to jack up the chassis, presumably to get the sump off clear of the front axle, not a problem I reckon I'd have with mine as it's only 6x4?

Nice to see it's going back together :)

not sure realy but looking at the head the one valve has broken clean off were as the other one as been hit so i think its droped one and then it got in the way of the other im waiting on paint now should be with me on tuesday all the other bits are done but will still be looking at prob 10/ 12 hours work fitting it back up

yes but we love it really :) I take you sourced all your spares ok? It didn't take long between posting initially and this post showing stuff going back together.

I take it you must have a show coming up, either that or you don't like hanging about?

yes no prob with parts i dont like hanging around but have got shows as well :D:D

• 3 weeks later...