more 20mm photos only its 37mm

I don't know of any light AAA weapon in 37mm cal. the nearest is the HS661 30mm canon which was re-marketed by Oerlikon after it absorbed Hispano-Suiza, so we really need the bore confirmed- is it de-miled with a completely blocked barrel?

I don't know of any light AAA weapon in 37mm cal. the nearest is the HS661 30mm canon which was re-marketed by Oerlikon after it absorbed Hispano-Suiza, so we really need the bore confirmed- is it de-miled with a completely blocked barrel?

Steve,

you took the words right from my mouth,it looks to me like 30mm hispano-suiza.

There were I think several variants all fitted with the same tell tale barrel !

Rob...............................rnixartillery.

will take a proper size over the next day or so do you know if there is a manual for it as it needs restoring have been told that it came from the falklands war and was going to be a hard target the ta unit that had it was going to scrap it and asked if i would like it as i had restored there 6lb airborn anti tank gun it needed saveing from the scrapman will let you know the size with a photo All the best jerry

Edited by Jerry Jeep
put more on

rnixartillery

you took the words right from my mouth,

Hi Rob

When it was said it was a 20mm I thought it could have been the oerlikon designed Light Flak 28 which had a partial fluted barrel -with it being probably 30mm and the possible jeep style wheels I suppose it could be ex Argentine/Falklands war era.

Steve

Changing the bore from 20mm to 37mm or actualy 30mm made it an lot easier to find :-D

It is an Hispano-Suiza type 832 30mm AA-gun

Apperently there is also one at the Royal Marines museum

That one was captured in Egypt at port Said during the Suez crisis of 1956

Royal Marines Museum02 - Swiss - Hispano-Suiza Type 831 30mm Anti-Aircraft Gun - 1955

Royal Marines Museum03 - Swiss - Hispano-Suiza Type 831 30mm Anti-Aircraft Gun - 1955

Hi all

Took a proper size of the bore and yes it is a 30mm same as the photo MichelK put up i think i will restor it back to how it would look any one know if there is a manual for it some photos of the 6lb gun i did for the TA unit that the 30mm came from

All the best

Picture 215.jpg

10.jpg

4.jpg