Hi from Prague

RadL

Hi everybody, as a new member I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Radek, I live in Prague, the capitol of Czech Republic and I‘m interesting about allies wartime military vehicles, weapons and another militaria.

I started with a Ford GPW (1945) a few years ago… Now I have a Jeep Willys (1943) and a few month ago I bought a Canadian Dodge D3/4 APT with nickname Dorothy from GB. Now we are repairing and "half-restaurating" her. I would like found some information about canadian dodge and the history of my vehicle too.

Regards Radek

body_before5..jpg

body_engine_befo

engine_body_afte

DSC_3413..jpg

Hello Radek that's my old APT, sadly the chap I sold her to and you purchased her from applied spurious American markings and re-named her Dorothy. We called her Norah and she was marked to represent a vehicle of the 1st battalion, The Canadian Scottish Regiment, 3rd Canadian Infantry Division at the end of WW2 and the immediate post war period.

My son and I are delighted to see the good work you are doing to her and really pleased that she has found a good home with you. I have replied to your PM and will tomorrow e-mail with more information and photos.

Steve.

Hello Radek that's my old APT, sadly the chap I sold her to and you purchased her from applied spurious American markings and re-named her Dorothy. We called her Norah and she was marked to represent a vehicle of the 1st battalion, The Canadian Scottish Regiment, 3rd Canadian Infantry Division at the end of WW2 and the immediate post war period.

My son and I are delighted to see the good work you are doing to her and really pleased that she has found a good home with you. I have replied to your PM and will tomorrow e-mail with more information and photos.

Steve.

Thank you, my family (wife and son) decided that we will rename her back to Norah. I would like to paint her to original colour which I found on some parts. This color is very similar today's NATO standard colour. I found many markings on her front bumper as you can see in the photo. First layer under the US markings was a gray square 3rd canadian inf. div. On the second layer there were blue-red stripes with a RCD label (propably Royal Canadian Dragoons) and the third layer had a big wine-coloured square (like Pegasus). On the fourth layer was a yellow bridge plate. But I don't know what was there originally.

DSC_3439..jpg

OH BRILLIANT!! Norah has gone to a good home. Her old running mate Ruby will be delighted! Take god care of her! She has a lot of history.

PS I've also got a lot of phots of her.

Thanks, I told Norah about Ruby and she was very happy. She clicked valves and I understood that she sends a hello to Ruby.

I'll pass the message on, :-D Steve and I did a lot together. The two of them were support vehicles for the 10th Essex Great War re-eanctment group during a number of events including the 90th anniversary of the First Day of the Batle of the Somme and the 90th anniversary of Pasenchendale. The only problem Norah ever gave was the generator in 2007. But in fairness when we took it apart the bearing that had failed was dated 1945!. took about an hour to fix. Fortunatley she had decided to stop about 2 km from SKF's main Belgium supply place. Can't do that with a modern vehicle!

Sorry I m guilty of lumping things together . I ll need to strike myself with a rusty shovel from a 1944 Dodge WC while memorizing the proper military description for every item in the combined parts lists for all Dodges from 1940-1945 . :red: And while looking at photo's of APT's so I will not make that mistake again .

Edited by abn deuce

I'll pass the message on, :-D Steve and I did a lot together. The two of them were support vehicles for the 10th Essex Great War re-eanctment group during a number of events including the 90th anniversary of the First Day of the Batle of the Somme and the 90th anniversary of Pasenchendale. The only problem Norah ever gave was the generator in 2007. But in fairness when we took it apart the bearing that had failed was dated 1945!. took about an hour to fix. Fortunatley she had decided to stop about 2 km from SKF's main Belgium supply place. Can't do that with a modern vehicle!

My first trip was more adventurous. I rode from the long-distance driver who bought Norah from GB. It was a terrifying 50 mil long trip. I had to stop every 10 miles and wait about an hour because Norah was like a steam engine. The temperature was higher than the thermometer could show. I found the reason when we disassembled the engine. The engine and the radiator was totally sludgy (the mud was made of rust). The sixth cylinder was not working because its valves were burned out. The trip took five hours, but we arrived safely.... Indeed, can't do that with a modern vehicle!

Nazdar Radku!

Velcome!

I dond know maybe you know me?

I m from Prague, (near Prague),

regards

Tomas

Ahoj Tome,

I don't know, maybe. I'm a member of U.S. M.V. WWII Praha (Milan Wolf) and I'm riding with Club 3rd Army from Pilsen, ale kdyztak mi napis na rlabsky@gmail.com, mozna se fakt zname...