Trailer Project

Edd,

interesting. It's obvious from your other post that the weight limit is correct i.e. 12000kg train weight. A new one on me!

Adrian,

I did think it odd to have a nice surprise on the driving licence for once! Had to re-read a few times!:-D

Regards

Ed

And I thought I was asking a simple easy to answer question! How wrong was I!!! Sorry about that.

I have just received a reminder to update my photo on my licence. I wonder if they will add the extra weight allowance to mine then!!!! And as if I've changed my looks!! Cheek of it, and I'm not grumpy either!

Still no further forward with the project though!

Thanks for everyones input, will have to read over, and over, to make sure I understand everything.

Nigel

• 3 years later...

Hi There,

You might like to concider what I did, I bought two sankey chassis where the axles are rated at two ton each then cut and shut with reinforcing to strengthen the Joints, add some steel cross members and deck out with scaffold planks. couple the break linkage up, lower the towing eye position to suit your vehicle if neccasary and add lights and with very little work you have a strong robust relitivly light twin axled trailer.

Louis

I've just checked my licence, it is marked C1+E then two codes, 01, which is standard 'Must have eye corection' and 107. So to the .Gov site to check . Code 107 states 'VEHICLE not to exceed 8250 kgs', no mention of any restriction on a trailers! So that gives with a 3.500 kg trailer, 11750kg total. Roughly the unladen weight of a Double Decker bus.