Bedford MJ Tach

terreneuve

In our LHD ones they are mounted on a bracket under the dash in front of the passenger facing on the angle towards the driver. Could take a photo but it would be for a LHD vehicle

R

Hi Robin

A picture would be great, mines LHD - which way is the tach cable routed?

John

if you need a tacho for the bedford i have one i took out of my bedford mk with its cable you can have and if you contact a international shipper for postage costs it might work out cheeper than getting new

location is in eastbourne uk

Hi, I have checked the manual and it shows a rev counter like instument under the dash?

I have only driven two vehicles before with a tacho meter and both were combined with the speedo which had a key that enabled you to drop down the speedometer and insert a card behind that your speed would be recorded. You would be required to renew this card on a daily basis. I do not recognise the rev counter fitted in my bedford MJ as one and niether did the DOE tester!

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks Loggydriver - that clears that up for me! when ya man said Tacho I asumed it was a tacho - grath, I call a rev counter a rev counter so the manual was confusing the hell out of me! When the vehicle was tested as HGV it needed a tacho but managed to find an exemption that the tester excepted. Did anyone else have this hurdle or have some of the trucks got them fitted?

Some did have a tachograph fitted - but I can't for the life of me remember how. There was a pic on here once, maybe the search shows something?

(might have been over the inspection lamp socket on the dash - have definitely seen fittings on this area at Withams)

Stone

Withams have got some RAF Bedford MJ's that have a tachograph fitted. I (think) they were fitted in the same position as the tachometer (under the dash) but were over towards the driver more. If anyone is going up there soon that could take a picture, that would be great!

Dan, what exemption did you use to get away without needing one?

Loggydriver,

He let it go as an educational vehicle - shows etc. I have a com box on the back and I am fitting it out as a camper. This will not need one and will save me a pretty penny on road tax as well as being great for the family (trips/shows etc).