Fox CVR(W) Tyre Question

Marmite!!

At the moment the tyres (XCL's) on my back of my Fox are very worn & smaller than the fronts & are well outside the 2" circumference limit, I can rectify this by swapping the tyres diagonally, my question is what is the maximum size difference side to side if there is one?? I can't find anything in the manual..

Also it says on the tyres that they are regroovable, any one had experience of this on this type of tyre??

Cheers

I can rectify this by swapping the tyres diagonally, my question is what is the maximum size difference side to side if there is one?? I can't find anything in the manual..

Also it says on the tyres that they are regroovable, any one had experience of this on this type of tyre??

Lee,

To put the equally worn tyres on one side may be worth doing. As it stands now, the difference front to back is going to give "wind up" and possible tracta joint problems. If there was a slight difference in circumference side to side, then the diff should compensate. In the ideal world, you would just renew the tyres or swap them with another Fox to get a matching set, which is what we might have done in Workshops, although fitting new would be the normal procedure.

These Michelin tyres are not a special AFV tyre. They are normal truck tyres with a Hutchinson runflat insert, therefore the "regroovable" wording on the walls refers to their normal application. The problem with regrooving is that it does not alter the circumference, so you are back to the same problem.

Richard

I can rectify this by swapping the tyres diagonally, my question is what is the maximum size difference side to side if there is one?? I can't find anything in the manual..

Lee,

These Michelin tyres are not a special AFV tyre. They are normal truck tyres with a Hutchinson runflat insert, therefore the "regroovable" wording on the walls refers to their normal application. The problem with regrooving is that it does not alter the circumference, so you are back to the same problem.

Richard

Cheers for that Richard, the reason I was thinking of having them re-cut is to make them a bit more legal until I can find some replacements, I do the diagonal swap as soon as I get the Fox back from the Gunpowder Mills..

Lee,

If none of the surplus dealers (Ramco, Jacksons, Withams or Vass) can help, you could always try ATS. They deal with truck tyres, and they are a standard size and pattern, so you never know! They saved my Ferret the other week by stocking the correct inner tubes...!

Chris

I have some new ones, give me a shout.

I also have a lot of 7.50 X 20 sand tyres.........

ok I went and had a look at these tyres they are the same as Fox...

they are 7.50 X 20 which means they are roughly 1" smaller

they are new michelin XL, are they any use? I have 5