Mk3 Militant Diff lock

Mk3iain

Question

Any Militant owners had problems with the diff. lock sticking on?

I have used the diff lock today and it will not come off, I have an indication and it "feels" like it is still engaged!:undecided:

I have looked at the parts book and see that the warning light switch is a px switch on the air line. I have then removed the line at the selector incase that was stuck, and no air escaped. It sound like just a small amount of air escapes when I select from on to off. I am now thinking there must be a resriction, kink or some damage to the hose somewhere.

Any ideas? I think I just talked myself through it!! but would appreciate any input from others.

Many thanks

2 answers to this question

Given the current weather it could be frozen, it took a while for the unloader to defrost on the Explorer yesterday.

Cheers Croc

True, and considering it has been in some deep snow.

It has done this before, each time its engaged it takes about 15mins or more to unlock! Today I went for a cup of tea and by the time I came back it had cleared!! Could be frozen, it may also need a bit of tlc. Strip and clean the actuator and valves etc... may wait for better weather though!

Iain