Silly idea anyway..........

What numpty came up with a Tanks in Town style event ????:sweat:

Folks we bit of a problem on our hands. It is a good problem but it means we have to do things a bit differently.

The problem we have been overwhelmed with the amount of tanks that would like to come - 3 more today alone. I am waiting to hear back from Bovy and spoke with Wheatcroft today...

So this changes the dynamics of the weekend somewhat as this is a lot to organise and control. So I think our focus has to be on the Saturday - on the armour day into Dorchester - I think we are going to scratch Fridays plan of the soft skin convoy.

We could potentially have 20 - yes TWENTY WWII tanks attend - that is a major deal and we have to plan how we managed that so it all goes perfectly.

We then have to add the special stuff like the GMC's with the 105's, Long Tom, Wards and Diamond T wreckers, Rogers trailers etc etc.

There is only so much we can get into and through Dorchester but again we are slightly amazed and overwhelmed with the response. And it has to be said that Jim 'Allied Forces' and Adrian have been a great help and have been responsible for many of the tanks coming.

So I am going to bounce some ideas around with Kev to see how we work this but it sure as hell is turning into something big.

- if anyone comes across a holiday or has a spare one, can you send it my way please.

JB.

could afield just outside town be used to park up all the non armoured vehicles allowing the armour access to town but also allowing all attending to travel in one convoy thus saving the organisation of 2 seperate convoys on 2 days?

Nigel

What numpty came up with a Tanks in Town style event ????:sweat:

Folks we bit of a problem on our hands. It is a good problem but it means we have to do things a bit differently.

The problem we have been overwhelmed with the amount of tanks that would like to come - 3 more today alone. I am waiting to hear back from Bovy and spoke with Wheatcroft today...

So this changes the dynamics of the weekend somewhat as this is a lot to organise and control. So I think our focus has to be on the Saturday - on the armour day into Dorchester - I think we are going to scratch Fridays plan of the soft skin convoy.

We could potentially have 20 - yes TWENTY WWII tanks attend - that is a major deal and we have to plan how we managed that so it all goes perfectly.

We then have to add the special stuff like the GMC's with the 105's, Long Tom, Wards and Diamond T wreckers, Rogers trailers etc etc.

There is only so much we can get into and through Dorchester but again we are slightly amazed and overwhelmed with the response. And it has to be said that Jim 'Allied Forces' and Adrian have been a great help and have been responsible for many of the tanks coming.

So I am going to bounce some ideas around with Kev to see how we work this but it sure as hell is turning into something big.

- if anyone comes across a holiday or has a spare one, can you send it my way please.

JB.

If you wanna pay me - you can have all the days off you want! !:)

I'm at home pretty much 24 x7 staring at the same 4 walls...... :-(

could afield just outside town be used to park up all the non armoured vehicles allowing the armour access to town but also allowing all attending to travel in one convoy thus saving the organisation of 2 seperate convoys on 2 days?

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

This was the plan but it is way to much to do/control on one day. And I would imagine that everyone will want to be involved in/on the armour convoy. Plus we would then need someone else to head up the soft skin convoy with DR's etc etc but again everyone will want to be with the armour.

- pass the Whisky.

My concern would be mixing any number of tanks with the carnival! Especially the carnival goers.....

Should be fun!

No worries as we will be in and out and gone through before they start :sweat:

- no break downs please as my ar*e will be grass.:wow:

What we are going to do folks is to pull the Friday convoy run and concentrate on the armour run on the Saturday.

This is the first event of kind its kind in the UK and it is no small undertaking so we need to focus on the armour. The answer would of been to run two convoys into Dorchester coming from different routes. The problem being is that everyone in their right minds will want to be with the armour - if you have ridden Tanks in Town then you will know exactly what I mean.

We do not want anyone driving 100's of miles in their mvs to get to A&E and then not be part of the armour run. What we will do is to get every one on the armour convoy - if we can ask soft skin owners to fill their mvs with people then we can make sure that everyone is part of this historic event.

We want to get people along the route to help with the marshalling and then into Dorchester to build the ambience.

Then once we have everyone safely back to Maiden Newton where Kev and I will break the neck off the bottle of champagne and raise a toast!

More thoughts to come!!

Will you be utilising any of the bikes that attend as outriders? If so, would they be required to accompany the armour through Dorchester.

Yep, interested as i've got a WLA,but not too picky if i ride with the armour or the softskins.

5-M-B

Absolutely! More bikes the merrier!