Comms body side tents

antar

Question

I have purchased a quantity of side tent/shelters for the small comms bodies but they do not have all the aluminium poles with them. There seems to be 3 different length poles required of which I have the shorter 2. Does anybody know what the length of the pole should be which forms the near horizontal top of the shelter ?

side tents 009.jpg

side tents 005.jpg

21 answers to this question

Hello Antar,

You need 3 "container attachment tubes". I don't know the lenght they are (every thing over here is in "winter-storage"), but they have a special attachment to go into the hooks on the container.

So you don't need the one tube of your picture, neither the corners.

Piet

TC_Bivvy[1].jpg

I know!! definitley got your name on. :-D What it does need is a set of the spiders or at least a pattern to copy off. The angles are diffrent from a nine by nine. a decent drawing would help. (Hint BIG HINT)

Is the hint to me ? If so I have put all the ones I have away in one of my storage boxes, will not be able to get at them until next weekend, let me know what you want to know.

If you have all the poles please let me know what the pole lengths are as the post did start with me asking for the pole lengths !

John.

Is the hint to me ? If so I have put all the ones I have away in one of my storage boxes, will not be able to get at them until next weekend, let me know what you want to know.

If you have all the poles please let me know what the pole lengths are as the post did start with me asking for the pole lengths !

John.

The posted drawing has the pole lengths and number of each required on it. I've compared my full my set to the drawing and it is the complete inventory. There are the odd poles that have a clip to attach to the side of the vehicle. Do you want pictures of those. I don't have the starining wires, but wonder if these are completly nesacary,

Thanks Tony,

I must apologise, now i've put my glasses on I can read the writing on the drawing ! I did initially dismiss the drawing as the wrong one thinking the poles for the blackout curtains was another set of main poles.

I have none of the vehicle attaching poles, nor do I have the one vertical pole against the vehicle side. I do have 4 of the wire rope tensioner cables, but as you say they are not absolutely necessary.

I will get all the spiders and poles out next weekend and do some measuring.

Here are some pictures of the numbers on the canvas parts.

John.

side tents 006.jpg

side tents 003.jpg