Petrol Price

woa2

Neil stocks up while prices are down:coffee:

I wish!!! Although when we refuelled the OT last year (I borrowed all those cans from you, remember?) the scene in the hanger at Gt Yeldham was not dissimilar....

Seriously though - I have unfunny memories of being in that situation - just swap the Stalwart in the photo for a Mk 1 Militant GS... Hand loading - then unloading all those jerry cans was bl**dy knackering - esp as I had no co-driver!!!

Thanks Chris - may well invest in one of these!!!!

Chevrolet Corvair sort of springs to mind :) - fuel tank on that wasn't in the safest position!! See Ralph Naders book "Unsafe at any speed" :)

On topic - Jerry cans are the only way (currently) I can refuel the OT, usually 8 or 10 at a time - so I make a point of asking at the cash desk before attempting to fill them and explaining why it's so many. Usually works out OK - apart from when one can has a hole in the base!! :red: :red:

The worst problem with the Corvair was the swing axle rear suspension which made on the limit handling extremely unpredictable. Later models were improved, but the damage was done.

The car equivalent of the Sherman tank in combustibility stakes was the Ford Pinto... Unfortunately Ford lawyers deemed it cheaper to pay compensation and law suites than undertake a recall programme costing millions of dollars... Shameful but true...

Talking of shameful is the amount of tax revenue we pay on every gallon of fuel we buy, about £3.50 per gallon. A total disgrace in my opinion.