What will the MOD clear out next?

haybaggerman

They had (have?) both mate - the OT's apparently were converted as part of an Arms Limitation deal on IFV's - hence the replacement turret with a high-angle HMG mount.

Incidentally - I note on the latest adverts on MilWeb that RME have OT-90's at £19,500 +VAT - that's £6,000 more than I paid for mine before having all the VOSA requested work done.

]

That guy really asks silly money for his stock. I bet he buys them for peanuts and shipping wouldn't be that much.

Gotcha, had only ever seen the non-batwing version...(so that one's a Saxon Patrol?) They look pretty spiffy in sand!

What happened to the Alvis Simba?

Stone

The one on the right as your looking at them is a Saxon Patrol. The one on the left is a General War Role Saxon fitted with a Patrol Paddy Basher (no offence intended). Interesting to see the machine gun mount on the Patrol version. This must have been a sandpit addition as we never had any Saxon Patrols in NI with the MG mount, they were on the GWR's. The spot lights are also a lot smaller than the ones we had fitted in NI.

Edited by LoggyDriver

The one on the right as your looking at them is a Saxon Patrol. The one on the left is a General War Role Saxon. Interesting to see the machine gun mount on the Patrol version. This must have been a sandpit addition as we never had any Saxon Patrols in NI with the MG mount, they were on the GWR's. The spot lights are also a lot smaller than the ones we had fitted in NI.

There isn't much in AFG now that doesn't have a MG mount.

]

That guy really asks silly money for his stock. I bet he buys them for peanuts and shipping wouldn't be that much.

Not sure about the -90's but the -64's get around 200 hours of work done in maintenance & overhauls after having sat for a number of years in storage. Everything adds to the cost.... Not sure how much Duncan is asking for his these days - when I bought mine there was not a lot - maybe £500 - between the two firms.

To answer the original question of the post though - if we are very lucky it will be their own desks!!

Edited by ArtistsRifles