Normandy 62nd Anniversary Trip

Dotty Dodge

Hi guys

Jack and a few others on here knew i was off to france

I got back from normandy last wednesday and i just thought i would share with you what a fantastic time me and my parents had.

I have been to normandy 3 time now but this was the first time with the dodge and i didn’t know what to expect! was i going to break down? And what spares do i take with me? was probably the biggest things on my mind! But it all turned out fine.

We went away with the North Staffs area MVT group and the trip was organised by Chris Bond or forum name "Commander" These are a great bunch of guys and gals and they sure make you feel welcome.

We left Poole on the 2nd of june arrived at Cherbourg and then travelled to are campsite at Ste Mere Eglise. The next few days were spent soaking up the Normandy way of life we visited loads of museums and attended the events that were taking place for the 62nd anniversary of dday.

Church at Ste Mere Eglise

P1010006.jpg

The Dodge parked up at the campsite

P1010014.jpg

Looking form inside one of the casements at Pointe Du Hoc

P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

Monument on Omaha beech

P1010027.jpg

There is a great night life in Ste Mere Eglise which normally involves a lot of drinking!

P1010098.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010152.jpg

On the Sunday a parachute drop took in a small village called La Fiere with English, US and French service men and women jumping

P1010046.jpg

P1010064.jpg

French reenacting germans a Azerville Batterie. A very impresive display

P1010076.jpgP1010072.jpg

A view from longues Batterie and a pic of the observation bunker

P1010113.jpg

P1010124.jpg

And finally we went to Dead Mans Corner recommended by jack this was a fantastic palace and well worth a vist if you havent been.

P1010141.jpg

I was so pleased that i didnt have any real trouble with the dodge even though we did about 450 miles. We did have to take the front prop off on the way back as i developed a rattle but it didnt take five minutes to take off! and we were soon on are way again.

We had great company, great weather and a brilliant time i just cant wait till next year!

Many Thanks to Chis Bond

Best Regards

Rowan

Hi guys

sorry for the late reply only just got back from North Nibley steam show with Berni.

I cant remember what the camp site was called but it was basically not far from the town

located behind the hall were the militaria fair is held.

Best regards

Rowan

hi rowan,

the photos look great, i recognised a few renegades in there :-D,

we've just got back from Nibley ,unloaded & i am now sitting down having my tea, then a quick shower & bed before getting up at 5am for work.

i must be mad.

see you at Kemble

cheers berni

Hi mate.

Looks dam good. Great pictures and glad to see that you got to Deads Mans Corner and hopefully that place all makes sense now after the Aldbourne weekend and after meeting Don Burgett, he had a massive fight there.

Can't wait to get back there in October and thanks for the Gaiters, they fit a treat!

Cheers.

Jack.