Bored with old cars, saving up for a truck!

Smiler

Hello folks,

I'm another new member on here and am suprised I haven't come here any sooner. I have always been attracted to old large vehicles, particularly military types. In fact my cousine in Kent has been restoring WW2 era military vehicles for as long as I can remember.

I instead though turned to old cars and if you click on the link in my sig and visit my website you'll see that I have a number of projects on the go.

However, a recent stumble on ebay has shown me that those old trucks I often admired at shows etc... were closer to my grasp than I thought and with a bit of juggling of finances (and a lot of flogging of old parts and projects) I can afford my own piece of commercial or military history!

So that's how I ended up on here with you fine people.

Cheers,

Smiler.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. That Ward Lafrance looks very big and impressive, and also rather expensive. Prehaps I ought to point out that I am a pauper.

If I managed to finish and sell my present projects (plan 'A') then I would probably raise £3k tops. From what I have seen that could buy a reasonable 50's commercial or army truck. The 50's Commer Q4 has caught my eye as being a lot of toy for the money and I'm hoping the same is true of similar trucks of the period.

As a side note, the airfield that I work at has an incredibly original Scammell Pioneer that I have had the pleasure of driving many years ago. If anyones interested I'll post some pictures up of it.

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited by Smiler
speeling