K60 / FV432 wiring diagram

tinbum

Hi, thanks for the replies, I have a pack in my worksop but dont have the vehicle there and want to run up the pack for testing, so really i just need the starter and injector pump solenoid connections. Are the alternators ok to be run up without connecting up? I assume so as the paralleling link isnt always used.

pin a and pin f ... f is the injector pump i think and a is starter solinoid ,,,,,but check with others first as i have not got my diagrams here so not 100% on that ...just be aware its fffin loud when no exhaust on also dont run for too long as this is verry detrimental to the lump ..15 minns max.....or you will have a big paper weight for your office ...all the best ..... dave 432

Hi All,

The Parralelling link only combines the two alternators, from memory, you remove it and reconnect it to allow the front alternator to charge system and rear alt to run the power tool socket.

There is two types of wiring for the fuel solenoid, and dont forget it would normally run an electric fuel pump aswell.

Also you wouldn't be able to monitor any oil pressure or water tempatures if doing it away from vehicle.

Go to

to hear the pack running outside, its not that load, honest!!

Regards

Dougy

if i'm running pack up outside vehicle i dont tend to bother connecting alternators and after 20 or more pack lifts i never had a problem . as for the solanoid wiring you could always undo the 4 bolts on the side of solanoid housing and put a socket behind the solanoid arm . battery supply straight to starter then up she'll fire. like dougy pointed out you'll have no instruments to tell you oil temp status but keen eye and a hand on the dead mans would be ok .also cant stress how important it is not to run pack for 2 long i usually run 10 mins max but 15 prob ok but no more for sure.

Iain

Thanks for the replies, will try it in the next day or so. I had already seen the video but i guess it depends onhow high you have the volume turned up!!

So what is the problem with running the engine for over 15 mins or so, not that i would want to do so. Is it due to the positioning of the rad fans and overheating?

oil circulation around gearbox i believe is the prob running out of vehicle by the way that reminds me make sure the make sure the drive is disconnected with the lever found on top of gearbox below fuel filters i think you push it down else prop may spin and bust rectifier leads

The time limit for running is something to do with the transfer box lever i believe, the pack in the video was allowed to run for a while, we had the transfer lever engaged and in gear for what I can remember, no different to what it would do in the vehicle. But yes we took the prop of first, would make a mess!

Had the pack running the other night. Yes A was starter and F did seem to be solenoid, but it didnt pull it in. As you sugested we took cover off and manually held it in. F would then hold it but it would drop out when we ran the starter. I see that their is another terminal on the solanoid, that is connected to the starter, that is supposed to pull it in while starting but this seems not to work. I have noticed in the manuals that the soleniod is called 'Excess fuel and fuel cut off solenoid'.

The engine ran great by the way. amazing how cool the exhaust manifolds are when just idling, you can even keep your hand on them.

Is the vent on the side of the pack from the inlet manifold a presure release to keep inlet presure governed?