Future Dispatch Rider Joining forum

Retro Rob

Thanks for having me. My name is Rob Gibson and I live in Gettysburg Pa. USA. I am researching WW2 British motorcycles, There is a 1942 BSA that I am interested in buying that needs to be returned to Military version. The gas tank is wrong and the pannier frames are long gone, but the bike looks pretty complete. I am awaiting the owner to email me the engine and frame numbers. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !

42m20lftside.jpg[/img]

Hi Rob the bike in the picture looks almost too good to paint green but hopefully that will also be a reflection of its mechanical condition,dont be too worried about the pannier frames as not all bikes were fitted with them until later in the war as for the tank you have several option either one with a cutout on the rear conrner to allow the Vokes Air Filter pipe to go to the tank top box or as I have on mine a normal shaped tank and no tank top filter either way I am sure you will have loads of fun at 45-50 mph,no sports bike but great fun!

Nigel

• 8 months later...
Thanks for having me. My name is Rob Gibson and I live in Gettysburg Pa. USA. I am researching WW2 British motorcycles, There is a 1942 BSA that I am interested in buying that needs to be returned to Military version. The gas tank is wrong and the pannier frames are long gone, but the bike looks pretty complete. I am awaiting the owner to email me the engine and frame numbers. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !

42m20lftside.jpg[/img]

Hi, welcome to the forum, my son and I have several motorcycles, all WW11 vintage, we have Royal Enfield WD,CO. Harley Davidson WLC, and BSA M20....... my favourite bike to ride is the M20, however, when she gets very warm after a long run, she can be a bit of a bitch to start.... you have to let her cool down, otherwise we love it. (Not everyone seems to have this problem, we have a friend who owns one, and experiences no problems) they were known to be temperamental when hot............:trustme: