Lost Crash Site

hezekiah

Hi all

This is the first time I’ve posted on the Aviation section of the forum. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

My sister set up a local historical website-http://www.thornton.btik.com/ last year. It’s a non profit making site set up to record the history of the area.

She has been approached by an elderly local lady who has told her a story about a plane (she recollected it as been American) crashing in the area ( Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire) during WW11.After trawling through old editions of the local papers my sister can’t find any mention of the event.

Where could I find a record of WW11 plane crashes in The N/W of the UK so the event can be verified and included on her website?

Thanks

Phil

Have you tried Fort Perch Rock at New Brighton. It overlooks the mouth of the river Mersey. Housed in the fort is an aviation archeology group for the North West area and have quite a few artifacts on display. There is also the Aviation museum at Millom, I don`t know if they cover your area as well.

Hope either of these are of help.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...