Weymouth..this weekend

Anyone off to Weymouth this weekend for the Veterans weekend, over 2000 vets, the Big Red 1 and 80+ WW2 vehilces.....I am number 82 :shock:

come and say hi if you get the chance, my GMC is called The Screaming Meemie.

Cheers

Jack

Just some pictures from the weekend and again another wonderful show for us and quite symbolic as it was this weekend last year that I came home and flick on the PC and found my Jimmy on Milweb as I was determined that we would be as this years event :shock:

There where over 2000 vets at this festival and Kev my WC mate who isn't a member of the forum :twisted: said to me 'be prepared to have tears in your eyes driving down through the vets' mate you weren't wrong and thank god for sun glasses that is all I can say, my wife and I had tears running down our faces, very very emotional.

Met some great MV folks and it was pretty special to be part of a 90 vehicle convoy convoy going through town following a Sherman and a Chaffee.

Here are some pictures.........

Para's demostrating a beach landing

STA43699.jpg

STA43706.jpg

STA43703.jpg

STA43695.jpg

The Boss in my Jimmy :shock:

STA43813.jpg

Jack Jnr

STA43693.jpg

STA43836.jpg

Like father like son

STA43662.jpg

STA43663.jpg

The old man being blown out by a sailor...Andy Jones :shock: :twisted:

STA43873.jpg

STA43874.jpg

Big Red one

STA43883.jpg

STA43848.jpg

Going into Weymouth

STA43877.jpg

Another sailor :wink:

STA43642.jpg

Nice

STA43827.jpg

STA43620.jpg

Down the barrel of a Chaffee

STA43843.jpg

Hi Jack

Know what you mean!

One of my first parades was 18 sept 1999 in Eindhoven.

Nice, driving the WC 52, brother and a mate on the hood,good weather, lots of people - enjoyable. :?

Then we entered the Townhall square and there were veterans applauding us!! :shock: . What did we do to deserve that!

It brought tears to my eyes!

Our friend isn't really into WW2 and he said he was emotional seeing that, we should applaude them!! :oops:

The years after that we also attanded with 1 difference; my brother drives the Dodge and I ride my BSA folding bike from the Belgian border to Eindhoven, still get applauded because with all those vehicles the odd 1 or 2 bicycle drivers get noticed. :roll:

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Does anyone know how I could attend this show?

Would love to take the Clubmobile down next year?

Jack, are you the only one from HMVF who went this year?

I am guessing that it is pretty much a vehicle show and no reenacting?

Cheers,

Cara

x

Guys,

Does anyone know how I could attend this show?

Would love to take the Clubmobile down next year?

Jack, are you the only one from HMVF who went this year?

I am guessing that it is pretty much a vehicle show and no reenacting?

Cheers,

Cara

x

Hi Cara.

It is an exceptional show and one of the best I have been to this year - to be applauded by thousands of people is both emotional and also rather embarrassing.

The event is by invite only.....but I think it is a case of knowing the right person and supplying them with plenty tea and dougnuts :naughty: :wink:

On a serious note, yes it is invite only but I am more than happy to send you contact details!

I think it would be a great vehicle to have down at Weymouth and would be great to see it parked up on the promenade I think the veterans would love it!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Hi Cara.

It is an exceptional show and one of the best I have been to this year - to be applauded by thousands of people is both emotional and also rather embarrassing.

The event is by invite only.....but I think it is a case of knowing the right person and supplying them with plenty tea and dougnuts :naughty: :wink:

That's exactly what I thought, hence trying to find out who goes :evil: But this is also the reason why it is only me and Ali who are trying to go, easier to get our 1 truck in than the whole convoy :-D

How did you get invited Jack? Who do I need to speak to?

Cheers,

Cara

x

On a serious note, yes it is invite only but I am more than happy to send you contact details!

I think it would be a great vehicle to have down at Weymouth and would be great to see it parked up on the promenade I think the veterans would love it!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Thanks Jack,

That would be much appreciated, that is the main reason for us wanting to go, so we can meet some American Vets and talk to them outside the Clubmobile, hopefully some of them will remember our truck. :-D It would be truly humbling :salute:

Thanks again,

Cara

x

Oh Ashley,

I'm so sorry, I keep meaning to say a big thank you for being such a lovely man.

It was so appreciated when you gave me a lift to town to pick up the donuts.

Sorry about leaving you in the lurch when we got back. :oops: (Was getting a bit of earache from someone, and was best to deal with it straight away before they blew their top :? ) So had to have a quick wash and take over the wagon !!

It is so nice to find such kind lovely people around still.

Many, many thanks Hun.

Cara

x

• 3 months later...

I have never attended the veterans weekend in June (always clashed with work) but I can get the time in 2007, and know Weymouth from annual holidays in August. I have a Ford WOA2, which won a prize at the War & Peace show. I would appreciate it if you could send me details of how to get in the parade. The car will take 3 passengers in comfort (well, WW2 comfort). You can get me on robert.davey6@btinternet.com

Many thanks