Info needed

Nick Bombini

I was wondering if anyone over there in the UK could help me find the info on a LUCAS headlamp. It is a 700 headlamp model #54521870. After hours of searching the internet, I couldn't find any info and only found one for sale that was in Belgium. I was wondering if they are available in the UK and how much they cost.

I have one installed in the left hand headlight bucket on my CCKW (I can't say driver's side as you guys drive from the wrong side :lol:) but the right side has an older French made one.

The bulb is made by Trifa of Germany. Their website says it is reference #00500. Again, I'd like to find out if they are available in the UK and how much they cost. The trucks electrical system is 6v.

http://www.trifa.de/produkt24a.htm

headlight_001.jpg

headlight_002.jpg

headlight_003.jpg

Thank you,

Nick

Isn't the 700 the standard 7" Lucas headlamp unit ? Have you measured the diameter ?

If so, it is the same as was fitted to countless Land Rovers and other British cars and motorcycles of the 1960s and '70s.

It, or replacements from manufacturers such as Wipac are commnnly available, with various bulb fittings in LH or RH dip versions. You can even get 6v Halogen these days.

Have a look at the website for "Vehicle Wiring Products" in Ilkeston. Loads of interesting stuff. I have always found them very quick and effecient to deal with.

Rich.

Yes, you are correct Rich it is a standard 7" light unit and the part no was certainly correct when I worked for LUCAS /CAV inthe sixties,it was superceded by the sealed beam unit no 54521872 but it is still available from various makers but I'm not sure if Lucas still make them.