Hi there from Australia

Hi there all

My name is Wayne Ellard - reside in the Flinders Rangers South Australia.

I have three Land Rovers:

1. 1951 - Series I (SWB) (Ex Woomera) - yellow front guards

2. 1958 - Series I Fire Engine (Ex Woomera Emergency Services)

3. 1964 - Series IIa Fire Tender (Ex Australian Army)

I am looking forwards to the wealth of experties on the site and the friendship.

Hear from you all soon.

Wayne Ellard

Welcome to the forum Wayne.

I drove a WW2 Willys jeep up through the Flinders back in 2000. We stopped at Hawker, Blinman, Parachilna Gorge and on to Copley, taking part in Trackers 2000 from Adelaide to Alice. Great country to drive in.

I once came across a IIa ex-Australian army fire truck in a wreckers yard at Wodonga. Fell in love with it, but had to be realistic, it would have cost a mint to ship back to UK.

Richard

Here is a picture of my land rovers (2 off)

Ex Army (Australian) Series IIa 1964 Fire Tender, made in partnership between Australian Army Engineers and Land Rover UK. They are fitted with a Covenrty Climax 500 gallons per minute PTO driven pump - the vehicle has been undergoing a restoration for the past 5 years (parts a difficult to find) - almost completted (done 26000 miles from new.

LWB Series I 1958 Ex Woomera Emergency Services , originally painted red but repainted white when purchased by a local rural fire service in 1971. Its fitted with a rear AMAG 300 gallon per minte pto driven pump - the vehcile is in good condition only done 13000 miles.

WaynesFireTrucks020506001.jpg

WaynesFireTrucks020506013.jpg