Damyns Hall

Went along to this show at the weekend at Daymns hall, it was a relly good show. Nice and relaxed, friendly atmosphere and great weather. Plenty of vehicles and displays. I'll definately be going next year.

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_102411.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

The display this spit put on Saturday and Sunday was excellent. I don't think he wanted to stop.

Spit7.jpg

More pictures here

Edited by Marmite!!
typo

Me and the boys went on saturday, I took my camera but forgot to charge the battery!! DOH!!

We had a great day, the battle renactments were very good with plenty of loud bangs!

Plenty to look at, and the show was very friendly. Plenty of CLEAN toilets as well!

The only downside was the caterers charging £1.50 for a cup of tea!!

I wished show organisers would cap the price caterers can charge, even if it meant charging them less for being there.

We went on Sunday as mop and thoroughly enjoyed the show . Great variety of vehicles being shown , very relaxed and friendly atmosphere , saw many friends old and new and one or two disreputable individuals :-D . Definitely one for the diary next season & we plan to make a weekend of it .

Well i must say i had a very enjoyable day. infact it was one of the best shows i have been to in a long time.

Enjoyed the 25mile drive through London and then eastwards in the Ferret. Surrounded by tourists at the Tower of London all taking pics. the only downside was that i couldnt stick around for the display by the Spitfire.

CW must have enjoyed himself. As its a long time since i seen him like this..................

100_1212.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

They made me drink it said it was a tonic.have to agree one of the best shows this year.Make it two days next year .The spitfire was the longest display i have seen he just didnt wont to go home ,waggled goodbye twice but came back each time.anyone know who it was?.The Matadoor is a good friend of mines and is the best resto of this make i have seen.He had a huge display of weopons and was invoved all day talking to people and kids,in the true spirit of things.Best laugh of the day was listening to his mum correcting the so called experts about the guns.:rofl:Its a rare sight he only displays to this extent once a year,as it takes a day to load,then hours setting up on the day,then a day to put it all back,have a few pics but will ask him first if he minds me posting.There were a lot of vets attending,Burly and myself spent a good while with an 88yr old gent who wore no blazer or medals.You cant believe what they did,but in his words a lot of this glory business is a load of old b......s,we had no choice,be shot at home or over seas dont make a lot of difference,He was offered a free trip to the beaches but refused,prefering to go when all the poloticians had gone home.Strange though he didnt agree with the vets booing Gordon Brown in the rain in the car park the press like to call the town square,lets not get on that subject again.Best of luck mate see you next year.CW.

Damyns2009026.jpg

Now listen here mr blackwood if you dont do an article in CMV on all my jeeps there will be bother.:rofl:

Damyns2009015.jpg

A couple of members escaping with a Genny,they said they paid for it.:-D

Yes - this is me (following up in the rear) helping my brother Phil carry his newly acquired charging set back to the car park . Gary is the former owner of the set & owner of the lovely little Anderson shelter display seen at Damyns and the BB earlier this year . A really lovely chap .

Yes - this is me (following up in the rear) helping my brother Phil carry his newly acquired charging set back to the car park . Gary is the former owner of the set & owner of the lovely little Anderson shelter display seen at Damyns and the BB earlier this year . A really lovely chap .

Anderson shelter great display,well done.cw.