Sherman: A History of the American Medium Tank

ajmac

By Richard Hunnicutt

Does anyone know if / when there will be a reprint of this book? I'd love to get a copy in any condition, but they are currently starting at £200:??? on amazon, I have found one in the US for £90, but it is still a huge amount for a modern(ish) book.

I'll bet all those model makers have been after it and driving up the price :-)

Edited by ajmac

By Richard Hunnicutt

Does anyone know if / when there will be a reprint of this book? I'd love to get a copy in any condition, but they are currently starting at £200:??? on amazon, I have found one in the US for £90, but it is still a huge amount for a modern(ish) book.

Apparantly a copy of the one on Stuart tanks by same author, was sold on Ebay recently at £1,800

Try Midlands Publishing (The Ian Allan shop at Hinckley) I know they had reprints.

I also know the model shop (dont know the name) at Piece Hall in Halifax had copies last October.

They are reprints but looked very good

Cant remember the price, but not as much as above

£65

Which is £15 more than I have ever spent on a book before... and that was for the entire WW2 vintage bound volumes of 'the war illustrated'. I was offered them by an old lady whos husband had collected them during the war and was clearing out his study, oooohhh must be 12 years ago now.

PS. I got my wife to buy it.... I don't get to read it until Christmas :-)

Arrived today....should I say missed it today and I have to collect at the depot tonight. I shall be getting Mr Beevors latest work too.... but in paperback in December I should think. All of his books should be classroom reading in my opinion, 'Berlin: The downfall' is the only history book that made me cry:-(

We came to an agreement that I should have the book right away:)

If anyone has real interest in the Sherman I can highly recomend this book. According to the inside cover the print run was limited to 1,000 copies and was struck in 1994, so there can't be that many left. It was new and came with a box cover to protect the dust jacket.