Has a forum member bought this beauty ?

AndyFowler

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Beauty it may be - but with a £9,750 asking price. The offer made on it was only £1,500 so I probably guess that nobody's bought it yet! PW :sweat:

That is f'kin gorgeous innit. Oh to have money. Lovely combination Perkins Eagle, 9 speed Fuller box.

We have an ERF at work that I would love to own, much along the same lines as this. Very tidy inside and out, Eagle TX340, 9 speed Fuller box. I have told my bosses that I would like to buy it, but no doubt they will sell it elsewhere when the time comes. Would look great with a low loader on the back. :)

That is f'kin gorgeous innit. Oh to have money. Lovely combination Perkins Eagle, 9 speed Fuller box.

We have an ERF at work that I would love to own, much along the same lines as this. Very tidy inside and out, Eagle TX340, 9 speed Fuller box. I have told my bosses that I would like to buy it, but no doubt they will sell it elsewhere when the time comes. Would look great with a low loader on the back. :)

Perkins? Perkins?? Perkins??? wash your mouth out Eagle... that's ROLLS ROYCE!!

(or are we supposed to bite at this one?)

Edited by antarmike

We had early Eagles at the metropolitan water board.cough splutter hang on till the smoke clears.I thought Perkins improved it.

We had early Eagles at the metropolitan water board.cough splutter hang on till the smoke clears.I thought Perkins improved it.

My thoughts exactly, John. We looked after Fodens and Scammells with 290 and 305 engines, awful smokers. When Perkins took over, they re-engineered the Eagle and made major improvements, the Perkins 350 Eagle in DROPS and S26 was a far better engine. Lets face it, Perkins had far more experience in building diesels than RR.

My thoughts exactly, John. We looked after Fodens and Scammells with 290 and 305 engines, awful smokers. When Perkins took over, they re-engineered the Eagle and made major improvements, the Perkins 350 Eagle in DROPS and S26 was a far better engine. Lets face it, Perkins had far more experience in building diesels than RR.

Thats what i thought it was a good while ago.I wonder how many engines are Perkins based through out the world,inc Japan.:-D