Photos from US Marine Corps reserve training, 56k no-no

fadedsun

Some nice pics of the Amtracs there. Just one question?. Are you a reserve corp unit??. As i thought all front line units had converted to the M4??. By the way have you seen that great but very sad documentary on the 3rd Battallion 25 Marine divisions time in Iraq??.

Any more pics would be most appreciated:thumbsup:

Silly me. Didnt look to at the thread starter regarding reserve unit.

Some nice pics of the Amtracs there. Just one question?. Are you a reserve corp unit??. As i thought all front line units had converted to the M4??. By the way have you seen that great but very sad documentary on the 3rd Battallion 25 Marine divisions time in Iraq??.

Any more pics would be most appreciated:thumbsup:

We have m4s, but for the purposes of this AT we just needed weapons to carry around to get used to having it with you at all times. There weren't enough m4s, but there were plenty of m16s.

My typical weapon if I don't have an m4 is the m249 LMG.

What documentary are you talking about? 3rd AAV BN?

Great pics I love Armour, and I'd give my right arm for some Jelapeno cheese spread, awesome.

Cheese spread with bacon (Yes, it exists) is better..Plain cheese spread is best. There's also apple butter, chocolate butter, chunky peanut butter, regular PB, salsa verde....

I brought home 2 cases of MREs, so I know. The US government is insanely wasteful..they'll throw out good, unopened MREs in the trash.

When deployed the vehicles will have potato chip "EAAK" armor on the side, which is what those little square brackets are for. Stops 14.5mm rounds and RPGs.

great pics any more :-D

That's it....

Edited by fadedsun

We have m4s, but for the purposes of this AT we just needed weapons to carry around to get used to having it with you at all times. There weren't enough m4s, but there were plenty of m16s.

My typical weapon if I don't have an m4 is the m249 LMG.

What documentary are you talking about? 3rd AAV BN?

Cheese spread with bacon (Yes, it exists) is better..Plain cheese spread is best. There's also apple butter, chocolate butter, chunky peanut butter, regular PB, salsa verde....

I brought home 2 cases of MREs, so I know. The US government is insanely wasteful..they'll throw out good, unopened MREs in the trash.

When deployed the vehicles will have potato chip "EAAK" armor on the side, which is what those little square brackets are for. Stops 14.5mm rounds and RPGs.

That's it....

Sorry It was 3rd BN 25th Marine Regt 4 marine Division. Based at Brook Park Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting these pics, very nice.

I had some MRE"s in the pas I liked them! (apparently this is strange because lots of people hate them?

Better than eating rainwater, dirt, and bugs.

Barely.

I have quite a few MREs now...I brought home a case of MREs from that field op.

Wow,FAB! I wish that I could join you someday. Amphibious operations are cool. Is the M4 derived from the Sweet 16 or is it a completely new design? Does the USMC operate M1 tanks or was it a U.S. Army vehicle?

I was under the impression that the United States armed forces had gourmet field kitchens and mobile Burger King restaurants,I never knew they possessed MREs....

Love the pictures and keep up the good work

Wow,FAB! I wish that I could join you someday. Amphibious operations are cool. Is the M4 derived from the Sweet 16 or is it a completely new design? Does the USMC operate M1 tanks or was it a U.S. Army vehicle?

I was under the impression that the United States armed forces had gourmet field kitchens and mobile Burger King restaurants,I never knew they possessed MREs....

Love the pictures and keep up the good work

The m4 is an m16 with a different upper receiver and stock assembly. Other than that it is the same.

We have m1a2s, just as the Army. Ours are slightly different to suit our own operating philosophies.

WE don't have mobile Burger Kings..mostly, in the field, we have MREs. At the larger bases overseas in combat zones-Bagram, Baghdad, Tikrit, etc you have KBR run food services that are EXCELLENT. They serve lobster and steak sometimes :)