rear axle scammell explorer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the big nut had come undone when the split pin broke ,this allowed the pinion to smash back and forth so smashing the front pinion bearing and snapping the oil pump shaft :argh:. i took the pump out of another axle and put into no nuts to keep her going.:sweat:then i took the bits apart and managed to find some bright steel to make the new shaft, worked out the taper ,cut the thread ,drilled the dowel hole and cut the keyway this took longer than the rest of the job. had to do the keyway on the mill took a while to set up and find the right tooling. im happy with the result :-D, would of preferred silver steel but all to small :-(

i can give the manual part no. then i would talk to chrisg done me well. oil seal(type "Weston"W 71952562/N) . M.T.or propriatary part no LV6/MT1/CW/W71952562/N/SSS :-D Hope this helps

I can get these seals made if anyone's interested. the price will depend on quantity.

I would be interested in a few mate for spares ! If you have a rough idea of cost per seal then I'll let you know how many I can afford ! :-D

It all depends on how many are made. If I could get an indication of how many might be needed would help to get a price

Ok recount at 42 seals!!:sweat:

:confused:

I've got listed

GPS...............10

rbrtcrowther....10

younggun.........8

Mike & Andi......8

Total so far.....36

Any more?

Edited by Chrisg
More seals

• 2 weeks later...