Charlton Heston's gun collection

Snapper

Good. I can relate a story concerning my family and Charlton Heston. I am related by marriage to the Grants whisky empire. Anyways - they decided to hold a Highland Games in New York to promote their whiskies and to lure all those plastic jocks across the pond. It worked. But they decided to get Charlton Heston to be grand master of the event and arranged for a snapper to picture him wearing a kilt. "No need" says the great man. "My wife is a photographer - she'll do it". So they delivered the kilt and she took the snaps. Unfortunately he was wearing the kilt back to front!

From my cold dead hands....and I bet he put sugar on his porridge, too.

MB

Good. I can relate a story concerning my family and Charlton Heston. I am related by marriage to the Grants whisky empire.

MB

Before Jack see's this remember I asked first. Any free samples?:cool2:

Not till you mentioned it!!

Nice though - imagine having one of those over here!!!!!! :)

I had a genuine set of tanks and my brother had a M1 flame gun made.After the war all the flame guns,M1 and M2 were cut up.We had ours as part of a ranger display.Sold the tanks last year at beltring to a Czech collector.God knows how he got them back home.

As the saying goes - the truth sometimes hurts.

Problem in this day and age is no one takes responsibility for their own actions any more, it's always someone or something elses fault - in this case the firearm or knife.

Kind of veering off topic here - in the recent debate about banning knives someone in a TV audience stood up and said "OK - how do chefs and cooks get on then?" The pro-ban tree-huggers were stumped. Knives are a part of daily life - same as a car - both will kill if the USER so intends but but both serve essential needs when used as intended. An argument I had a couple of years ago was over this topic. Some one said knives were bad so I showed the person a bread knife and a bayonet and asked which was bad - they pointed to the bayonet so I sliced the bread with a bayonet and sliced open a sheet of thick cardboard with the breadknife - then asked the same question. The point was made (no pun intended). A knife is a tool and that is all. Same with a firearm. It's the humans who abuse them that are evil and need excising from the community, not the tools.

Apologies for waffling on a bit here but it's something I have fairly defintie views on!!!

Before Jack see's this remember I asked first. Any free samples?:cool2:

My dad drank them all. When he passed away in 1992 he asked to be cremated. The funeral was in Enfield, we watched from a safe distance in Tottenham...only kidding.

My dad's cousin was married in to the clan, but only a few years ago her husband decided to get himself a new younger model. My aunt, who died last July, used to get samples sent all the time. She was a devout Roman Catholic and disapproved - so we were pleased to find some nice malts in her drinks cabinet..:-D. Having all the free Glennfidick was very handy for my Dad, my grandmother and several other family members who were all professional alcoholics. It was like a family hobby.:nono: I don't recommend it.

[..:-D. Having all the free Glennfidick was very handy for my Dad, my grandmother and several other family members who were all professional alcoholics. It was like a family hobby.:nono: I don't recommend it.

Mebbe not but at my age it ain't gonna make a lot of difference and at least I'd float away happy.:-D