No Land Rover Celebrations?

Jonny666

First off if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it :D

I was reading the CMV the other day and there is an article in there about war and peace shows after hours events (page 9 if you wish to have a look) now theres the normal german parade, allies parade, reo thunder and the redball express but and this is what i am getting at land rover is 60 years old this year and i would have thought with the amount of land rovers at the show we would get something, the reason i am asking for you opinions on this matter is that by the end of the week i am going to be emailing rex cadman to see if they are doing anything for the anniversery.

I mean yes just because every farmer and his mate has one doesn't mean that the military Land Rovers are any less important than the jeeps, dodges and GMC's of WW2 or the reo's of vietnam.

Please share your opinions thanks

Jonathan

no i wasnt i was just wondering if anything was happening.

because there has been very little happening for this lol

i wouldnt know where to start but if nothing is happening then fair enough, besides i wouldnt know where to start

Edited by Jonny666

no i wasnt i was just wondering if anything was happening.

because there has been very little happening for this lol

i wouldnt know where to start but if nothing is happening then fair enough, besides i wouldnt know where to start

If there was room in the evening events I doubt anything would happen unless someone stepped forward to organise it... will report back Friday...

Ok had a meeting with Rex today & asked the question... I think it safe to say that there will now be some sort to Arena Event for the Anniversary but after hours maybe less likely...will tell you more info as soon as I know...

Ok had a meeting with Rex today & asked the question... I think it safe to say that there will now be some sort to Arena Event for the Anniversary but after hours maybe less likely...will tell you more info as soon as I know...

Thats brilliant well done that man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way that Rex usualy works on W&P for individual vehicle events is that if you want an event you have to be stupid enough to arrange it.

Dale Johnson stepped in in 2002 for the Champ Camp where he wanted to get a large gathering of Austin Champs for the 50th anniversary. He took a long time planning that, created magnetic badges to go on the bridge plate with the champ camp entry number and also paid to get commemorative patches made. I stepped in and tried to do an event for the Ferrets which we named Ferrets @ 50. This was a bit harder to arrange as I only had the Ferret Heaven Yahoo group to use to contact owners and get the word out. There were a lot of Ferrets at the show, but most wanted to remain with friends on the site. The event did happen though, and I enjoyed it. I made a few friends and aquaintances that year, so organising a similar event is very worthwhile.

My advise at this late stage is to get an idea of what you want ie. a date and time for the arena, and speak to every landrover owner you can find. The ferrets did a few convoys around the show site in the evenings which all owners were made aware off. The convoy would grow as we drove around the site. I think our record was 15 with a Fox in one convoy. The line up in the Arena is still the best achieved ever as far as I am aware.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Yep.I was part of that.Even managed to get in to LRO.

LRO is that what you call Low range,by the way had a traffic cop in today sez your no plates are illegal,should be reflective not black and white,see another one getting us a bad name.:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I didn't hear of anything in the evenings, but the arena event each day had a Land Rover feature.

Dunno why I bother with the arena though. Last year had to fight my way in after the rain. I was trying for the emergency vehicles and I took a 127 Locomotors Ambulance. The nice marshall pointed out that just because it has an illuminated sign on the front it didn't make it an ambulance!

This year upon entering the arena the commentator sniffyly declared,, "Here's something foreign". No mention when pulling out the Series III and even a Dutch Series Ambi.

Oh well. I'll save the fuel next time...

LRO is that what you call Low range,by the way had a traffic cop in today sez your no plates are illegal,should be reflective not black and white,see another one getting us a bad name.:-D
I know they are illegal.But the point he,s made to you about being non reflective,is because they cant be picked up by ANPR.