Mystery Object No. 38

fv1609

Right, now for the vehicle, this should give it away.

Clive ,

From what is shown, there are two options, either a GMC Canada (Chev) C15TA armoured truck or GMC Canada Otter ligt recce car. In preference I think the first.

Oh, and Tony B, that is not a Marmon Herrington pic you had posted, it is an AEC armoured car.

Clive,

Afraid you are wrong, it is an Otter :tongue:

Oh dear, I should have just said Richard you are right & left it at that. That's what comes of my trying to be cosmoploitan & straying from PW stuff :-(

For being very clever I am about to post one for you which is a drawing & I expect an early answer ;-)

Ah yes we haven't finished who is using this Otter then?

I notice a catch here, re. location of hotel. A guess, Palestine Police force, (maybe not the correct title).

Yes dam it you're right. There was a catch, the men in shorts are British Army MPs, but the long trousered are Palestine Police. Mainly Brits I suspect but in theory could also comprise Palestinian Jews & Arabs.

I came in late on this one,

Yes that's cos you have to go to work! :-(

Not like many of us layabouts sat in front of the keyboard all day. The explosion in objects I'm afraid is that I am sifting through books preparing an article & some things just catch my eye. I have no workshop facilities, well none with electricity & I am sitting doing this in a garden shed whilst the builder makes a mess of the house into week 22 of no mains water, WC, heating, electricity etc etc. Not too bad in the heat of summer, but novelty wearing off now! As for keeping books under the bed as Tony suggests, the book collection is spread around in tea chests, cupboards, stables etc. It took me 30 minutes yesterday to find just a dictionary to look up the definition of casket.