Wanted - 24V Temperature Probe

Tarland

All,

Looking for one of these:

Thermal Resistor FV494519, NSN 5905-99-881-3340

A search of the internet hasnt thrown up anything (Xmod did stock them but "out of stock" at present)

Used for fluid temperature output in FV432/FV180 etc.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone point me in the direction of any reliable sources of Rolls Royce C6 Diesel engine parts?

C6 engines were produced in the Shrewsbury plant which was taken over by Perkins in the mid/late 1980's.

Having had a good search online I have also seen mention made of Caterpillar on another forum.

Cheers

You have to hunt to find R.R. C range engine parts. They were used by the Mod, and in ships. trucks, generators, compressors, water pumps, earthmoving equipment, cranes Locomotives etc. 

Edited by john1950
addition

This is a 1050s and 60s engine range. Old shed syndrome for spares , I saw an advert for some new engines for sale on Milweb a few years ago but have not been able to find the advert again. A lot of the electrics were Simms or CAV, later Butec possibly. There were two versions, a light weight non ferrous construction and the ferrous normal version. Morphed into the SF65 range. Which was supperceded by the Eagle range of engines.

Edited by john1950
addition

I have been contemplating that option.

It needs to have a two pin electrical connection. It also appears to have an adapter that makes up into a 1/2" x 3/8" UNF adapter in the coolant rail so I have options for the thread sizes on the probe.

2 hours ago, Tarland said:

I have been contemplating that option.

It needs to have a two pin electrical connection. It also appears to have an adapter that makes up into a 1/2" x 3/8" UNF adapter in the coolant rail so I have options for the thread sizes on the probe.

I saw the picture of the probe on the Xmod website (out of stock) and it looks the same as the one fitted to Rolls Royce B Range petrol engines. You could try Richard Banister with the NATO number and see what he has in stock, 01797 253211

8 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

I saw the picture of the probe on the Xmod website (out of stock) and it looks the same as the one fitted to Rolls Royce B Range petrol engines. You could try Richard Banister with the NATO number and see what he has in stock, 01797 253211

Richard, thanks I'll give him a try. I suspect its probably used in all the RR engines of that era.