Greengodess Fire engine

Hi  I’ve just come across your site whilst trying to find a club that covers the Bedford green goddess , I’ve just bought my first gg registration SYH 103 and I’m trying to get the log book for her so I can get her registered and start driving her  I’ve spoken to the dvla and they can’t find any records of her  so they have sent me a pack to apply but I need a recognized club to confirm my details, from the patchy history I’ve got it appears she has spent most of her life in storage and she only has 576 miles on the clock if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated thanks Chris 

• 1 year later...

Hi Christopher, coming to this a bit late...

Are you sure your GG was SYH 103, there is a very comprehensive book on them which lists all of them and their histories. SYH 103 is all-but blank in that list meaning it had been sold out of service in the 1960s or 1970s which is why DVLA drew a blank for it. I know you had to end up registering it as 608 XVB. I wonder if the SYH plate was wrong in the first place? If you have the chassis number it will be easy to see if it is recorded in the book for a GG under a different reg.

You will need to look at the chassis number plate again though, I see from one of the check-a-number sites that it was registered as '108352' which is wrong, it ought to be RLHZ followed by a 4 or 5 digit number.

Martin