Thinking about a LR Perentie

WCMatt

Wasn't really sure where to post this as it's Land Rover..... so British, but it's the Aussie version & there's no Oz section so.....

The Aussie 110 perentie is my favorite flavor of D110. I've been looking into getting one but must admit that I really don't know that much about them other than they have an Izsuzu diesel power plant and a few body mods unique to the Aussie's.

Can anyone out there give me (& the forum) any tips on what to look for on one or what questions to ask the seller?

Thanks,

Matt

Wasn't really sure where to post this as it's Land Rover..... so British, but it's the Aussie version & there's no Oz section so.....

The Aussie 110 perentie is my favorite flavor of D110. I've been looking into getting one but must admit that I really don't know that much about them other than they have an Izsuzu diesel power plant and a few body mods unique to the Aussie's.

Can anyone out there give me (& the forum) any tips on what to look for on one or what questions to ask the seller?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

You need to sign on to the REMLR forum, http://remlr.com/forum/index.php This is the Register of Ex Military Land Rovers, an Australian group and the forum is saturated with posts on Perenties, buying, them, using, keeping them going and updates on what are going through the auction sites. I have just come back from Australia and seen some of the Perenties that have been bought by collectors and they are usually in very good condition and well presented at auction.

regards, Richard

Edited by Richard Farrant
spelling

There was a fellow over on Milweb that imported some perenties from Oz to the UK. I inquired about export to the USA and was told that they couldn't because the perenties were "non NATO controlled goods" or something like that. So if I really want one, I'm just going to have to import it all the way from the Land Down Under myself. I do have a friend there who is willing to help me, which is good.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

A word of warning, do not buy unseen, we sell a large range of Perentie spares, and even Export to the UK. As far as I am aware the ones for sale in the UK, were not Inspected before Export, thats not to say there all bad, but I never buy a vehicle in the UK without a on site Inspection. Theres good ones and bad ones out there.

Funny I know they have shipped them to Germany and the USA I looked at the ones they had when they came in from Southampton! They must have had them inspected as there was a detailed report(7 pages) on each one! I was going (and still may) buy a an FFR one or the 6x6 they have! Pondering as I speak!