Ward-Lafrance viscometer

Ok Ward lafrance gods ,Viscometer group 0605, page 139 in the 1945 ord 8-9.

Sending unit you can buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ward-LaFrance-Diamond-T-Mack-Viscometer-sending-unit-N-O-S-/131410504454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e98ad2b06

but can not find it in the parts manual.

I have seen these on hercules engines.

So what ward lafrance had them.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I just had a look at the ORD 8-9 and it shows that WLF Series 1-3 were fitted with 'GAUGE, oil level (dash unit)'; while WLF Series 4 & 5, and KW 572 & 573 were fitted with 'GAUGE, viscometer'. Further down there are various listings for 'GAUGE, oil pressure' so that is a distinct item.

The TMs illustrate an oil level gauge on the left-hand side of the dash in hard-cab trucks but I have not seen a Series 5 (M1A1) with a Viscometer. I'd suspect this is either an error, or that it was deleted from the production models after the manual had already been released?

Further to Longydagun's Mack's, the Autocars (7144 & 8144) were fitted with dash-mounted viscometers.

Regards - MG

Hi Mike

Dug into the Ord 8-9 , I see the viscometer on page 139, looked at oil group 107 and the only thing I found is in group 107G page 70, COVER,oil filler and viscometer mounting, That is all I can find, No listing of a Unit Viscometer.

Also no listing of a viscometer in Ord 8 1952.

Looked at Tankograd no.1001 and 6029.

I also have SERVICE PARTS CATALOGE for HEAVY WRECKING TRUCK M-1 FOR KENWORTH 570 model, No listing of any viscometer.

I am thinking as you are, misprinted or was on a early truck,I am thinking ward lafrance series 1

Jeff

Hi Mike

Dug into the Ord 8-9 , I see the viscometer on page 139, looked at oil group 107 and the only thing I found is in group 107G page 70, COVER,oil filler and viscometer mounting, That is all I can find, No listing of a Unit Viscometer.

Also no listing of a viscometer in Ord 8 1952.

Looked at Tankograd no.1001 and 6029.

I also have SERVICE PARTS CATALOGE for HEAVY WRECKING TRUCK M-1 FOR KENWORTH 570 model, No listing of any viscometer.

I am thinking as you are, misprinted or was on a early truck,I am thinking ward lafrance series 1

Jeff

Jeff,

From memory I don't think there's even anywhere on the engine to fit one? On my Autocar (Hercules) it was mounted on the side of the sump.

Adrian B - the senders appear on Ebay quite frequently, but the gauges seem to be rare.

- MG

ps. just remembered that DT 980/981's have viscometers too.