GMC CCKW Dump Truck

HWade

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Maurice,

I am not sure of the History of the truck, I do know that the currant owner purchased it here in the UK, as to where it came from before that I dont know/ With regards to the reflectors, these were the ones that were on the body, so they are going back.Regards Howard.

• 4 months later...

Its been a while since the last update, but as some of you know I had been unwell over Christmas and the New year, well after having a good break from it all, I have been getting back to work on a day by day basis. I am pleased to say that I am feeling alot better. The dump truck is coming on really well, The bonnet is now on and all of the electrics are sorted, I have also fitted a hidden electric socket at the rear for a trailer board.The seats have had new canvas fitted, and I have also fitted a canvas headlining. The headlights are also all together. The tipping gear also works a treat and theres no leaks from any seals.I have also fitted the pioneer rack, and a jerrycan holder as requested by the owner. Ive also fitted a isolator switch. Here are a few more pics I would have liked to put the markings on but the customer wants to do this. Howard

gmc tipper 005.JPG

gmc tipper 002.JPG

gmc tipper 003.JPG

gmc tipper 004.JPG

Terry, that is the ultimate heavy truck accessory - the SIRENDOG. Much more fun than a Sirenlight.

The big ones as seen below are great on big WLF wreckers and the like, maybe the occasional GMC, but definitely over-the-top on a Jeep. I think the one Howard has put on this GMC is actually the smaller Jeep version.

As with the SIRENLIGHTS they come in 6, 12 and 24 volts - here's one that looks to be the wrong voltage for the truck:

Edited by N.O.S.

High Terry glad you like the work the dog is an extra if required, super glue works wonders,it helps to have a streamline dog though. I took the tipper into the meadow for a run and a couple of pics with the body in tip position. Howard

rl and tipper 004.JPG

rl and tipper 005.JPG

• 1 month later...

Well I am pleased to say that the dump truck was collected today by her owner, who was very pleased with the result. So keep your eyes open and you may see her on the show circuit. Thats another satisfied customer. Now for the next project.

• 6 months later...
Well I am pleased to say that the dump truck was collected today by her owner, who was very pleased with the result. So keep your eyes open and you may see her on the show circuit. Thats another satisfied customer. Now for the next project.

Stunning job Howard :clap:

Ian

• 6 years later...