Unseizing pistons

Grasshopper

Question

10 answers to this question

Yes, I have seen the hot oil trick work in the past. heat some used (or new if you like) engine oil up in a pan, pour into each cylinders, wait some time, and see if the crank will turn. Hopefully the Jag is not too much of a thoroughbred to prevent this from working!

Good luck.

DO NOT USE COKE, I WORK THERE :schocked:

Presumably you're not in sales then ? - Or does HQ have moral or liability concerns over the product being used on old engines ? :-)

I actually thought that the disappearance of Jenolite was a bid to increase Coca-Cola sales ! :roll:

Seriously, the best treatment for a rusted engine is to drop it in a tank of diesel for a month or so. This is of course a lot easier with motorcycle engines than Jag blocks.

DO NOT USE COKE, I WORK THERE :schocked:

:-)Hate to tell you Mark, but the "popular carbonated drink" in the red bottle worked a treat. Unseized 4 of 5 pistons after a 24 hour soak (one was not seized). One still won't come out >:(, but hopefully a longer soak will do the trick.

I noticed on the label that it contains phosphoric acid- isn't phosphor the stuff used in grenades??? :eek2: