New owner Diamond t 980

Nigel

Im Nigel, always been interested in military vehicles but usually Land Rovers that fit the garage. Im an electrician working in the steel industry but love tinkering with engines and vehicles. Have been helping david with his Diamond t980 and wiring up the lights and generally renovating the many moving parts.

Had chance to buy a diamond t980 in March, so have lots to do as the water pump leaks, diesel tanks are dry and not heard the engine run yet. No back body either, so anyone got a spare one please. All the best to you all out there, Nigel (Sheffield).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Didn't she live at Swanley for a while?

It may well be that she was in Swanley. She was with Turlows of Stowmarket in Suffolk as their wrecker but she became

troublesome, cracked head? She was purchased by Charley Frost of Needham Market who removed the Winch and Lifting gear. I bought the chassis cab in 1983. Sold it some years later to Adrian Barrel.

I replaced her with CSU 578 ex Tony Graves.

This was owned by me in Suffolk was originally equipped as a wrecker. Nice to see it again. Thomas

Hi Thomas, its lovely to get abit of history of my 980, iv got a back body and that is now painted and sat on the truck. Do you have any photos of it when you had it. many thanks Nigel.

Hello Nigel,

I've managed to dig the pictures out. These are the only ones I have I'm afraid.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88066[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88067[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88068[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88069[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas they are Brilliant, we will get them printed and put up on the display/information board at the Museum. We are now going to change the front cross member under the rad for a genuine one from Macc DT. Then we can refit the pintle. David.

Not started engine yet, got water pump in bits, shaft pitted and seals worn, got daves spare to put on, then compressor, connect fuel pipes and give it ago. Cleaning front cross member at mo, got correct one with towing hook. RSJ needs removing. So its progressing, previous owner changed all tyres so have plenty of tread. Winch needs drive fitting too. Cab tired, will need removing and repairing. All the best Nigel.