Hello from Sunbeamland transport museum New Zealand Humber pigs

Tor Crowden

hello all.

We own a small private museum in the north island of New Zealand with a verity of exhibits ranging from vintage motorcycles to live steam traction engines.

I'm the son of the founders Roger and Linda Crowden from Somerset Uk who enumerated to NZ in the late 80's to start the museum.

Im currently in Wingrave UK getting two Humber pigs going ready for export to NZ for the museum.

We've owned them for a number of years and now the time has come to ship them to their new home.

If anyone can off advise on pig gremerlins please advise me.

I've got most of it covered and hope to have one of them fired up tomorrow for the first time.

I'll update with photos and info on these two orange piglets at some point

they haven't been started in 20years!!!

Cheers Tor Crowden

thanks for the welcome.

Yeah that's the two girls, i've got a copy of that photo on here but for some reason my photo's wont display.

there in a worse looking state now. getting them ready to export home.

Will update photo's of the museum's inventory when i figure out how, haha.

yeah lots of Kiwi's are into their military gear as a lot of it ended up here as farm equipment and al sorts of rear odds and ends which were surplus to requirements or Obsolete were sent out to NZ.

Im i need of a Humber Pig Expert if anyone can help. B60 engine boffins and people who know there way around the wiring in them as mine been butchered some what..

also in need of a main drive shaft, ones had a hard live and has been torn to pieces, doesn't look like they upgraded them from the original one tonne truck they were based on. my email is torcrowden@windowslive.com

cheers tor

also in need of a main drive shaft, ones had a hard live and has been torn to pieces, doesn't look like they upgraded them from the original one tonne truck they were based on.

Tor I don't know which shaft you actually mean, but have look through this & you will see the tracta joints were upgraded:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?983-Pig-in-a-poke

In reality you have the possibility of three types on the rear even though they appear to be Mk 2 Pigs.

It's the main prop shaft from the gearbox to the transfer box/diff

It's sheared in two just up a bit from the middle.

Wow, would be worth checking out if there was something rearward that caused that to happen.

I'll check if I have a spare spare tomorrow.

You need to get this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=humber+pig+parts+cd&_sacat=0

Unusually as an ISPL it has the circuit diagrams of GS & Pig.