Soldier of Fortune deal done for A&E 2012

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow never read such an interesting thread about clothing by you men!!!!!

Right another serious question

Can I wear my blue overalls as "Rosie the Rivitor"? Or would you prefer me in green? In which case what do I wear on my head?

Cubelets- they have camo overalls or they can wear civvy clothes

(Jack-we can wear pink in the evenings ok)

Love from Rosie x

Serious question, some of us have beards and our wives like them, we need to keep them, any way round this without shaving?

No worries Bernard - would expect anyone to shave their beards off or cut their hair. I can see that would need to be done in certain situations but not for A&E 2012 - lets face it - none of us are 19/20 year old Americans. Must of us are middle aged men - apart from Degsy.

- plus my hair will more than likely be down by my backside by June. That said, one year Jim made me put it up in a hair net before I was allowed to get on his tank :banghead:

Wow never read such an interesting thread about clothing by you men!!!!!

Right another serious question

Can I wear my blue overalls as "Rosie the Rivitor"? Or would you prefer me in green? In which case what do I wear on my head?

Cubelets- they have camo overalls or they can wear civvy clothes

(Jack-we can wear pink in the evenings ok)

Love from Rosie x

That would be great Rosy and can we get the Cubelets in green overalls?

PS I have heard that anyone seen wearing one was considered to be of a certain sexual persuasion....remember the canvas bucket thread?

I wore one last year and I was fighting the ladies off :-D

Tim started the bucket thread...........

lets face it - none of us are 19/20 year old Americans. Must of us are middle aged men
:-)

I was thinking that myself Jack, some things just won't work! So as I would feel very uncomfortable in a uniform, how about overalls and a US type helmet for me then, after all we will be in Dorset amongst the locals :-D

Quote..

The military says it has good reasons for the beard ban for most American troops.........There is an exception, though, for special operations forces to enable them to better blend with locals. Senior military officials point out that special operations forces have more experience and maturity than other troops, so that lax grooming standards will not lead to a degeneration of other forms of discipline.

:-)

Quote..

The military says it has good reasons for the beard ban for most American troops.........There is an exception, though, for special operations forces to enable them to better blend with locals. Senior military officials point out that special operations forces have more experience and maturity than other troops, so that lax grooming standards will not lead to a degeneration of other forms of discipline.

OK Bernard - you are the SOE representative of A&E 2012 :cool2:

Overalls are fine as I wore just HBT overalls last year :)

No worries Bernard - would expect anyone to shave their beards off or cut their hair. I can see that would need to be done in certain situations but not for A&E 2012 - lets face it - none of us are 19/20 year old Americans. Must of us are middle aged men - apart from Degsy.

- plus my hair will more than likely be down by my backside by June. That said, one year Jim made me put it up in a hair net before I was allowed to get on his tank :banghead:

Hooray you got something right at last.....I know...I was old when Methuselah was a lad:D

I'm surprised Jim let you on even with it in a net, big girls blouse;) There was no long hair in WW11, come to think of it there was very little hair at all!

Hooray you got something right at last.....I know...I was old when Methuselah was a lad:D

I'm surprised Jim let you on even with it in a net, big girls blouse;) There was no long hair in WW11, come to think of it there was very little hair at all!

Yes buuut Bernard and I were SOE :pfrt:

Serious question, some of us have beards and our wives like them, we need to keep them, any way round this without shaving?

SHAVE........................

No surely not...............

Well its all for a good cause I will just have to persuade Rosie to loose the beard then, I might let you know how I get on but she might kill me....:shocked:

SHAVE........................

No surely not...............

Well its all for a good cause I will just have to persuade Rosie to loose the beard then, I might let you know how I get on but she might kill me....:shocked:

Not a problem.

..........can she still bring the Mans Truck and gun?????

Keith - have a question for you.

If it is raining, what is accepptable as wet weather gear? Poncho?

- owners of Man Trucks and tanks and SPG's are tough enough - was thinking about the Dodge and Jeep guys.........:D

Sorry to announce but r cubed has been buried in the patio and will no longer be attending A&E.

I will of course bringing the (Wo)mans truck and gun. It will be sporting a new PINK livery and I will be wearing my PINK crocs/wellies/doc martens/tee shirt

End of

Love from Rosie x

Sorry to announce but r cubed has been buried in the patio and will no longer be attending A&E.

I will of course bringing the (Wo)mans truck and gun. It will be sporting a new PINK livery and I will be wearing my PINK crocs/wellies/doc martens/tee shirt

End of

Love from Rosie x

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well that's that then. R.I.P. Richard.