Commercial Plateing Question

raschippo

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Julian, Your project isnt for personal gain but is to raise money for a charity so i would say its the same as when we use the trucks to support the british legion or other organisations. Thats only my view so am open to correction if anyone knows better.

On that basis - I think you should be OK as you are. A phone call to your insurers is generally a good bet if you are going to carry any one in the back.

Plating is generally only needed if carrying the specified load weight.

Again, like Ian, I.m open to correction here though................

Two seperate problems to consider. If it's being used unladen, it is exempt from testing and plating. If it's being used in connection with anyone's trade or business, it needs an operators licence. Technically, carrying people in the back is not unladen but I doubt anybody would complain for a charitable event. Similarly, as it's for a charity, it's probably alright for the o- licence too. Good point about the insurers though. In the event of a claim, you can be sure they will look on it less charitably. (pun intended)