War & Peace Show 2010

We had a great couple of days at the show on Wednesday and Thursday with thankfully the weather staying dry for 95% of the time that we were on site. It was great to meet up with a few fellow HMVFer's and we certainly enjoyed the show after not being able to attend for the past couple of years.

Please find below just a small selection of my photo's from the first two days of the show.

014.jpg

001.jpg

030.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

005.jpg

024.jpg

038.jpg

015.jpg

032.jpg

Is that four different Dragons that i counted!!!

You didn't miscount their were indeed four different ones at the show. Two arrived on Thursday from France in convoy on the back of the low-loaders, quite some sight!

Great pics Smithy, please keep them coming.

Thanks Degsy I will put a few more up now.

Edited by Smithy

Here is your early evening treat - a few more pictures from the 2010 show, including a couple of famous film stars (ok maybe body doubles) and the joys of being a tank driver :D

208.jpg

216.jpg

189.jpg

215.jpg

203.jpg

190.jpg

164.jpg

204.jpg

191.jpg

173.jpg

183.jpg

170.jpg

Edited by Smithy

Thanks again Smithy, nice to see the Ford V3000 semi track, a large quantity were built but not many seem to have survived especially with the einheits cab which wasn't used much on the Fords.

Hi folks. Got back at four this morning from my first visit to this event, and I got to go in my mates Landi. I must say I was overwhelmed by it all. The marshall who helped us find a pitch was great, the vehicles sorry to say I did not get round them all, the stalls fantastic, even after what I had heard about the loos were fine to good. But what made it for me was the effort put in by the reenactors in the displays they put on, just outstanding. Hence most of my pics. are of this nature. Now have over 160 eddited. Just a few of them.

Andy.

2010_0722Smokey0011.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0033.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0049.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0051.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0065.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0077.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0099.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0108.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0131.jpg

Hi guys thanks for the comments about the photo's glad you enjoyed them. Will have a look what else I have got in the morning.

In the meanwhile here is a short video of the Red Arrows doing what they do best on Thursday afternoon at the show. I have also got one of the Reo convoy leaving the arena on Thursday evening but haven't had chance to upload it to youtube yet.

Hi folks. Got back at four this morning from my first visit to this event, and I got to go in my mates Landi.

Hi Andy, I think we may have passed you on the way home from the show then if you were travelling home last night. It would have been around the junction of the M25/M40 about 8.15-30ish? Nice pictures BTW!

Hi guys thanks for the comments about the photo's glad you enjoyed them. Will have a look what else I have got in the morning.

In the meanwhile here is a short video of the Red Arrows doing what they do best on Thursday afternoon at the show. I have also got one of the Reo convoy leaving the arena on Thursday evening but haven't had chance to upload it to youtube yet.

Hi Andy, I think we may have passed you on the way home from the show then if you were travelling home last night. It would have been around the junction of the M25/M40 about 8.15-30ish? Nice pictures BTW!

Hi, that sound about right, bronze green 109. Still pouring over my pics of the re-enactors, wish I was 18 again and I would love to live in my foxhole for the week (but sadly not forgetting why men were their in the first place, what ever nation) A few more pics.

2010_0722Smokey0006.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0071.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0073.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0037.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0109.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0126.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0135.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0143.jpg

2010_0722Smokey0153.jpg

Just got back home! OMG what a great time we have had. I now own a magnificent helmet. MEGA thanks to Enigma. The pictures dont do it justice, the detail is out of this world. Enigma painted the eyes with a bit of gloss so they catch the sun and sparkle!!!! I am soooooo chuffed with it. The cubed one will add some pictures later.

To see 4 dragonwagons side by side was a impressive sight, we tried to walk around as many of the vehicles as we could. We did see several forumites, we did try and get around some of the stalls but I had visited the cider tent before hand :nut:

a great time had. Right off to get in the bath as my feet are covered in Beltring dust!!!!!!!!!

Morning folks :wave:

after a whirlwind day at Beltring yesterday, am still grinning!!! (didnt think I would make it this year!)

We left at 1845 approx, landed in Stoke at 2305, a nice run back, passed a Matador at the M25/M11 junction, and a convoy of 3 near Duxford.

I must admit, I got bored taking piccys of the vehicles (too hot I think!!!), the living history displays were fantastic, is it me, or are they getting better?

Nice ammount of stalls, it seemed that there were more this year compared to last year?

Had a nice chat with Snapper.

Piccys to be added later, as I have got to go to work to do part 1 of my CPC

Toodles

Mark :cool:

ok folks,

all my piccys now uploaded to my site, enjoy

I know I missed a few, T72, Centurion, Ford WOT 3 Tructor etc, but bear in mind that I was only there for 1 day, it was too hot and dusty, and I wanted to do the stalls as well.

Mark

Due to shortages of materials towards the end of the war it was quite commom place for Ersatz items to be proudced from inferior quality goods,to include leather belts/equiptment made from compressed cardboard, and as you mentioned vehicle cabs made ply or cardboard, i witness this many years ago as at the Trun scrapyard the border hedge rows had sections of these cabs in the brambles to form a fence.

Ashley