land rover wiring diagram

has anyone got a wiring diagram for a military spec 12 volt negative earth late series 2a landrover (aka rover 11, headlights in wings)? i'v got a new loom to fit to mine along with the new bulkhead to replace the wrong series 3 item on there at the mo but having trouble identifying which wire is what, only got the diagram for a earlier positive earth system and seems slightly different

Check out the wiring colour code keys (BS) at Disco2003 website , the nearest schematic that I can think of is :-

http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/Images/Electrical/Rover%201%20Diagram.jpg

The only thing missing seems to be the Warner socket loom.

------------------

Quite a good diagrammatic of layout of all parts inc. clips etc. can be found at :-

Land Rovers 10 & 11

ILLUSTRATED PARTS CATALOGUE

Army Code No. 22007 April 1973

------

In conj. with the last civilian 2A wiring diagram - you should sort it.

Check out the wiring colour code keys (BS) at Disco2003 website , the nearest schematic that I can think of is :-

http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/Images/Electrical/Rover%201%20Diagram.jpg

------------------

I have also found the above site very useful with respect to trying sort out the electrics on my S3 109 ffr, in conjunction with civvy spec diagrams (yes bits seem to be missing).

My only problem with wiring diagrams is that they never seem to be laid out logically as they appear in the vehicle.

At least you are starting from scratch, with a loom (helped my father rewire a 63 ford consul capri from scratch, no loom) and will not have to fathom out previous bodges.

ie: why do you cut the wire he hazord light switch and rfeconnect to the 6 way light switch?

Good luck and hopefully you will be able to create a wring diagram as you go, or at least confirm somebody elses (no 2 land rovers seem to be the same)

Mike

cheers for all ya help guys, just about got it all worked out and labled up to what goes where, just have to sorth the bilkhead out now ready for it lol (after this i'm glad i'm getting my 24volt 40 amp toast rack version look at by a pro lol)