Help needed to locate LCS (M) pictures.

Welbourn

I've recently got to know an ex Royal Marine D-Day veteran who served with 904 LCS (M) flotilla and now lives in Kenilworth. His vessel was No 74 and went in in advance of the DD tanks on Gold beach, carrying observers whose job was to observe the fall of shot from the DD tanks as they fired on their way in! It wasn't a suicide mission as far as they were concerned but they learnt afterwards that the reason they had been ignored on board their transport vessel across to Normandy was due to the fact that they were not expected to return!

Last week through a bit of internet based research I managed to put him in touch with a fellow 904 veteran who lives in Weymouth, but I have been singularly unsuccessful in locating any decent pictures of an LCS (M). Horace the vet concerned moves into a warden controlled OAP complex next week and I'd love to get a decent picture and get it framed for his living room.

Ditto does anyone make a kit of one?

Can anybody help??

Attached is the one meaningful pic I have located but it is't high enough resolution to enlarge.

Many thanks,

Neil

LCS M.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Welbourn

Help needed to locate LCS (M) pictures.

I've recently got to know an ex Royal Marine D-Day veteran who served with 904 LCS (M) flotilla and now lives in Kenilworth. His vessel was No 74 and went in in advance of the DD tanks on Gold beach, carrying observers whose job was to observe the fall of shot from the DD tanks as they fired on their way in!

Sorry I can't help you with any photos of this vessel however I need to make a correction,

I think the LCS would be observing fall of shot from either LCT rocket vessels, LCT gun vessels or Navy vessels. DD tanks could not fire whilst afloat if that were attempted the DD would sink. having holed and collasped the screen.

Steve