I need a package courier!

Rick W

Thanks Lee, thats who I normally use. Rang them up today to arrange it and they said they dont touch bonnets or bumpers. Found that a bit odd considering what I have sent by them in the past, maybe theyve changed the rules.

Don't tell them what they are.. if they packaged up they won't know.. tell them they are something else.. I do all my booking online..

I suppose it might not work for us but over on the National Street Rod Association forum members quite often post up that they have an item they need transported from place A to place B and enquire if anybody can help out . Arrangements are then made between members who can maybe take a package part way to another member who can take it the rest of the way or to a convienient show . It works really well - a guy bought some Vitesse shocks from me & I dropped them off at the house of the parents of another member and local to me , he picked them up when he came down to a family wedding and took them off to their final destination ........anybody think that might work here are are there not enough of us to do it ?

I suppose it might not work for us but over on the National Street Rod Association forum members quite often post up that they have an item they need transported from place A to place B and enquire if anybody can help out . Arrangements are then made between members who can maybe take a package part way to another member who can take it the rest of the way or to a convienient show . It works really well - a guy bought some Vitesse shocks from me & I dropped them off at the house of the parents of another member and local to me , he picked them up when he came down to a family wedding and took them off to their final destination ........anybody think that might work here are are there not enough of us to do it ?

Thats a good idea Dave.

And anyone going to Normandy next week? Need some tents delivered to Dead Man's Corner. Serious question.

Could take them to Holland Oct 5th/6th/7th but i guess that doesn't help either.

For future, i am happy to help if i can, and go to our place out in France 6 or 7 times a year. Now there is girl baby Mk2 to consider, i often end up going with a half empty vehicle as Cath and the girls can't be bothered sometimes.....

Next trip after Oct 22nd or so is third week in December.

Can't bring it fwd i'm afraid, have to be in the UK for long enough to set off to France!

Ken

• 8 years later...