Ex MOD vehicle blueprints

Dougiebarder

Hello!

I'm looking for a bit of advice please. I met a chap today who has a big pile of ex army blueprints for a lot of postwar (just) vehicles ( series 1 landrover, austin champ, ford, dennis, bedford and who know's what else?) But he doesn't know what to charge for them (and I don't know what to offer).

So the question is what would the eminent members of the forum suggest was a ball park price? (or even better, has anything similar been sold recently?

Cheers

Matt

Yes, but does this 'chap' look on these forums? You might have shot yourself in the foot?

Are these original documents or copies. How large are they & are they actual design blue prints eg FVRDE? Are they blue print papers or are they on celluloid eg for reduction in a printing process?

It is an interesting & surprisingly wide range of vehicles.

Were there any that related to the FV1600 series ie Humber 1-Ton?

I don't think he'll read the forums, but he seem's a pretty decent chap anyway. I'm not sure if there would have been any FV1600 one's in there. Most of the revision dates seem'd to be between 1946 and 49 (that I saw) they looked like genuine origional blue prints to me, or at least contemporary copies (with a few tracing paper type copies as well) . Apparently the chap was buying the filing cabinet's(big A1 size), and when he arrived to pick them up, they were burning the papers :cry:, so he grabbed as many as he could fit in the car.

Yes its sad to think what might have already been destroyed in similar instances. So it sounds as if he was decent enough to try to save things for those who would appreciate them.

The quantity of documents will have a bearing on price & whether they provide 'new' information not available elsewhere. Although genuine documents have a certain appeal to them, the smell of stale paper, the slightly rusty paper clip all add to general appreciation of the real thing - I think we have talked about this sort of thing on another forum!

Back to your dillemma. Assuming this is wad of documents is a few inches thick. I think it would be possibly insulting to offer £25. Yet for most us £100 would be more than one could justify. I would offer him £50 & see what happens. If it was a really big pile then go to £100, on the basis you could pass on the stuff you wanted to a dedictated enthusiast of that particular vehicle type.