Sods law strikes again

Degsy

Rushing against bad weather we had two balers operating on hay this afternoon, one baler broke the pickup drive chain so my son shot off to the local hydraulic and power transmission suppliers. On showing the parts man the chain and requesting links he got the usual whistling intake of breath and head shaking followed by 'Yer can't fix that yer need special tools' Reply from son who has trained as an agricultural engineer and has worked as a plant fitter 'yes , got the tools, a grinder and a hammer'

Partsman again 'Yer cant fix etc', same reply from son although rather more aggressively. At this point as the idiot behind the counter had obviously trained at the school of why be awkward when with a little effort you can be bl--dy impossible son took himself off to bearing supplier just down the road. Much more helpful attitude, assistant takes chain,goes into stores, returns with links and connectors, look ok so returns to farm but on trying to fit same finds he has been given wrong parts. At this point there is a cloudburst in the area causing local flooding and b-gg--ing up haymaking, he returns to get parts changed and as they made a mistake they also gave him a spare length of chain. As we started to repair the baler I noticed the bale counter showed...... yes you've guessed it ...13. Sods law or what.:argh:

As we started to repair the baler I noticed the bale counter showed...... yes you've guessed it ...13. Sods law or what.:argh:

13 is my lucky number - I was born on Friday 13th April, and spent nearly 20 years diving to work at J13 of the M4.